K-Tec

Gunman at Johnson Space Centre

More
17 years 3 weeks ago #44914 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re: Gunman at Johnson Space Centre
Great gun culture they have,
The definition of having a bad day over there is getting shot by a co-worker at work. ,

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 3 weeks ago #44917 by pmgisme
Replied by pmgisme on topic Re: Gunman at Johnson Space Centre
If it is so "extraordinary " Seanie how come you will have difficulties remembering in,say,July.

Peter.

More
17 years 3 weeks ago #44921 by BrianOHalloran
Replied by BrianOHalloran on topic Re: Gunman at Johnson Space Centre

Big deal.
The planet will survive.
Any chance you would show any care for the several thousand children who will die of starvation in Africa today?

Peter.

Cynical view to say the least. :roll:

A human tragedy is a human tragedy, no matter what the scale.

More
17 years 2 weeks ago #44922 by johnflannery
Replied by johnflannery on topic Re: Gunman at Johnson Space Centre
I have to agree with Brian's statement that it is a tragedy regardless of whether it was one person who lost their life or many thousands. We are all aware of the human misery in Africa and it's wrong to suggest we don't care.

I keep a close eye on developments in Zimbabwe in the news as it's somewhat personal after having visited that beautiful country in 2001 for the total solar eclipse (as did some other Irish amateur astronomers).

In their own small way, everyone here on the boards shows some act of kindness every day and that is as powerful as feeling sympathetic to the needy in other countries. Anthony de Mello encapsulates it perfectly in a number of chapters of his wonderful book "Awareness".

I guess the newsworthiness of this item in the US is the fact that it is to do with a space organisation (and the earlier posts about the astronaut seemingly caught up in the lovers tryst).

John

More
17 years 2 weeks ago #44926 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Gunman at Johnson Space Centre

If it is so "extraordinary " Seanie how come you will have difficulties remembering in,say,July.

Peter.

If you mean would I 'remember' as in having the memory of a goldfish, I doubt I would forget this event Peter. I mean, it is an extraordinary event after all. ;)

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
17 years 2 weeks ago #44949 by voyager
Replied by voyager on topic Re: Gunman at Johnson Space Centre
So, did we ever find out what this was all about? Why did this guy decide to take his gun out and kill people? Did he kill himself of was he shot by police?

Guns may not kill people but people with guns kill more people than people without!

Bart.

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

Time to create page: 0.105 seconds