Britain announced today

• pj30something
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
16 years 2 months ago #63114 by pj30something
Replied by pj30something on topic Re: Britain announced today
Silly idea for a little country to do on its own. Stop being so British and help out more with ESA. Oh and join the euro too. Empire is gone - deal with it already

Albert..............i couldnt agree MORE.

Paul C
My next scope is going to be a Vixen VMC200L Catadioptric OTA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 2 months ago #63121 by dmcdona
Replied by dmcdona on topic Re: Britain announced today

Silly idea for a little country to do on its own. Stop being so British and help out more with ESA. Oh and join the euro too. Empire is gone - deal with it already

Albert..............i couldnt agree MORE.

I don't think jibes of this nature towards the British (or any particular nationality) really belong on these boards. Its pretty offensive...

Dave

More
16 years 2 months ago #63122 by albertw
Replied by albertw on topic Re: Britain announced today

I don't think jibes of this nature towards the British (or any particular nationality) really belong on these boards. Its pretty offensive...

Says the man who said that the craft would be robbed in Manchester and advocated flattening parts of Wigan! :wink:

Let's hope its not Manchester. Chances are the craft will be prepared for launch only for the engineers to later find it propped up on a few bricks, engines gone and copper wire stripped out...

The train station at Wigan would be better - that areas needs flattening...

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

More
16 years 2 months ago #63125 by dmcdona
Replied by dmcdona on topic Re: Britain announced today

albertw wrote:

Says the man who said that the craft would be robbed in Manchester and advocated flattening parts of Wigan! :wink:

I may very well have offended people living in Wigan and Manchester - so sorry folks... I'll let John O'Mahony appologise to Runcornites (?)....

You'd better watch out Albert - I'm sure MI5/MI6 will have you down to Shannon in time for the Guantanamo express before you can say "begorrah" - assuming ATC let them fly :wink:

Let the Brits off - I'm sure they'll see sense (hopefully before spending gazillions on fact-finding committees and setting up 10 Quangos) and lash a bundle over to ESA.

And yes, for God's sake, join the blumming Euro will ya. My pockets are full of useless Sterling :D

More
16 years 2 months ago #63126 by albertw
Replied by albertw on topic Re: Britain announced today

You'd better watch out Albert - I'm sure MI5/MI6 will have you down to Shannon in time for the Guantanamo express before you can say "begorrah" - assuming ATC let them fly :wink:

Let the Brits off - I'm sure they'll see sense (hopefully before spending gazillions on fact-finding committees and setting up 10 Quangos) and lash a bundle over to ESA.

And yes, for God's sake, join the blumming Euro will ya. My pockets are full of useless Sterling :D

I'll be in Heathrow on Sunday and I'd like my onward journey to be the one that I have a ticket for! :lol: My pockets have useless Sterling too - its got Ulster Bank printed on it - try spending that in London!

Anyway apologies if I did offend anyone.

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

• pj30something
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
16 years 2 months ago #63127 by pj30something
Replied by pj30something on topic Re: Britain announced today

No jibe involved. I am Anglo-Irish. My mother is a Geordie and my father is from Tipp.

I hold both an Irish and a British passport.

Paul C
My next scope is going to be a Vixen VMC200L Catadioptric OTA

Time to create page: 0.102 seconds