K-Tec

A top 40 of easiest Planetary Nebulae

More
14 years 4 weeks ago #84322 by mykc
Replied by mykc on topic Re:A top 40 of easiest Planetary Nebulae
Your sites are fantastic resources - thanks for the huge effort you put in to them, and congratulations on the great quality of the results.

Now that you have finished planetary nebulae, what's next? Galaxies? Variable stars? Or those most difficult objects to find - trustworthy Bank directors?

Thanks again,
Mike

Skywatcher 120 mm ED on a CG5 mount.
Orion UK 300mm Dobsonian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #84326 by ayiomamitis
Replied by ayiomamitis on topic Re:A top 40 of easiest Planetary Nebulae
Seanie_Morris wrote:

Nice work!

Got something similar that would work for 10 X 50's? :)

I would also like to paraphrase Seanie with the "nice work".

Seanie, if these are good targets for observers, I would hazard to guess that they have a sufficiently good surface brightness to be relatively easy for imaging. If you have a DSLR, I would give it a shot. Obviously if you have access to a CCD camera, even better.

I will transcribe these items and start going after them one by one. In fact, I just picked my toys up after trying to go after the Ghost of Jupiter, a planetary in Hydra (NGC 3242), but there is so much humidity in the atmosphere that passing overhead planes are leaving behind "permanent" contrails which drift all over the sky. At one point I had six such contrails overhead.

Anthony.

Anthony Ayiomamitis
Athens, Greece
www.perseus.gr

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #84332 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re:A top 40 of easiest Planetary Nebulae
Cheers Anthony,
I do have a Canon 350D at my disposal, no CCD yet - I don't have the kind of freetime needed to buy such an expensive piece of worthwhile equipment. All is not lost though. My brief - very brief - spurts of the learning curve that is DSLR photography will be complemented by lists such as this one!

Maybe even to prepare me for the first weekend of July in Greece!

:)

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Time to create page: 0.102 seconds