K-Tec

Guiding techniques.

More
19 years 3 weeks ago #11133 by SometimesKen
Replied by SometimesKen on topic Re: Guiding techniques.
Well you guys seem to have some in-depth knowledge about the pros & cons of auto guiding. I'm still kinda new at astrophotography (using a ToUcam) and I'm following this string closely, as I hope to graduate to producing better images also. I'm still sitting on the fence concerning which way to go, a better CCD imaging system or a DSLR (Canon Rebel or Nikon) with a CCD guide camera. (DSI, etc.)

Owning a EQ6 with a 10" f4.7 newt. riding it, I feel comfortable with the capabilities of the mount to piggy backing a guide scope. Maybe my ED80 will do double duty in the short term.

I've read at this site about "guide dog" and would like some information. Is this a download? Would someone please post a site with info. I did a search, but came up with nothing regarding astro imaging.

Thanks,
Ken 8)

As the setting sun / melts below the horizon / the stars applaud her bow. ~W. Terrance~
39* 54' N - 74* 10" W

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 3 weeks ago #11138 by michaeloconnell
Replied by michaeloconnell on topic Re: Guiding techniques.
www.barkosoftware.com/GuideDog/
Ken,
I haven't used it myself yet but have heard it's very good. Hopefully the url and others here can provide more info.
Clear skies,

More
19 years 3 weeks ago #11173 by SometimesKen
Replied by SometimesKen on topic Re: Guiding techniques.
Thanks Michael,
I have read about guide dog here, but I haven't seen it in use yet. I'll download the program and check it out.

Does anyone have any tips or comments on it's use?

Thanks,
Ken 8)

As the setting sun / melts below the horizon / the stars applaud her bow. ~W. Terrance~
39* 54' N - 74* 10" W

Time to create page: 0.097 seconds