Sagittarius starcloud and the Lagoon Nebula

• Keith g
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
18 years 11 months ago #12070 by Keith g
Replied by Keith g on topic Re:
Glad you like the shot all, I'm finding that you can learn your way around the sky also when looking at these shots, as well as learning about astrophotography.

Deirdre, At 9.5, machholz would be difficult in 10x50's, it's a bit too faint by now, 2 things to do, 1. Get a bigger pair of binoculars, say 60 or 70mm, Celestron have a great pair of 15x70mm resonably priced, or 2. Get a scope, whatever suits :D

Dave, I have'nt used the lens fully opened yet, but it's huge at the front, i'd say any image would wash out prety quickly, i'll try a shot a f1.8 and see, but it's a good quality lens, and quite heavy, i'll put it to the test :)

John, that'sa great job on the labelling, as I say Ifind it very educational, you'd be surprised what any shot can contain, is this now in the all-sky folder?

James, what's the 'black and white points process' :?:

Keith..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 11 months ago #12079 by voyager
These wide but deep shots never cease to amaze!

Yet another cracker!

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

More
18 years 11 months ago #12097 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Sagittarius starcloud and the Lagoon Nebula
Once again Keith, you never cease to amaze with the quality of your images! Where are you getting these from again? Want to host a star party down there just so we can all get a good nights observing done?!?! Say, your house??

:wink:

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
18 years 11 months ago #12107 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re: Sagittarius starcloud and the Lagoon Nebula
I was thinking the same thing :lol:

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

• Keith g
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
18 years 11 months ago #12128 by Keith g
Replied by Keith g on topic Re:
Seanie, Dave, now there's a damn good idea :idea:
Only my house is about 15 miles away from the astro site :( Still, the coast has great skies, and no light pollution looking south, just black all the way to the horizon, it would be lovely to organise something though!!! Maybe the DAS could get involved as well, I know just the site, plenty of room to set up!

What do ya think? I'll get in contact with the DAS also...

Keith..

More
18 years 11 months ago #12135 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re:

...my house is about 15 miles away from the astro site :( Still, the coast has great skies, and no light pollution looking south, just black all the way to the horizon, it would be lovely to organise something though!!! Maybe the DAS could get involved as well...What do ya think? I'll get in contact with the DAS also...

I think it would be a great idea! And while on the subject, why not have it as the Irish Astrophotographers Star Party (IASP '06??)! As your viewing location seems to be one of the best in this little isle, I'd love to make the trip down just to observe... as I don't yet have the gear for astrophotography!

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Time to create page: 0.113 seconds