K-Tec

July S&T - arrived yet?

More
17 years 10 months ago #29758 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re: July S&T - arrived yet?
I see the letter now :lol:
I have to agree that some very recent issues have not been as good as previously, lets hope its a temporary thing and not a consequence of the new owners.
As for P. Moore, I dont think his book sales would be affected by a review like that.

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 10 months ago #29765 by rochford
Replied by rochford on topic Re: July S&T - arrived yet?
Thanks John,

I just can't remember a better time at a star party than I had at Birr last year. I have a feeling that I could get into a lot of trouble hanging around with Paul. At least I hope so.

We are within a few weeks of putting our house up for sale. If all goes well, we will be heading back to Ireland by the end of the summer to spend a year there ... or perhaps longer. If so, I look forward to another evening or two at Dooley's.

Oh, and not to rub it in anyone's face, but I received my August issue of S&T this past Tuesday. It doesn't normally come until the last week of the month. There is a review of the new Celestron 6" SCT (done nearly as bad as one might expect from Astronomy magazine) and an interesting article about a homemade drive for a Portaball Dob or Astroscan. Very clever if it actually works as claimed.

Pat Rochford
Fairhope, Alabama, USA

More
17 years 10 months ago #29767 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re: July S&T - arrived yet?

There is a review of the new Celestron 6" SCT (done nearly as bad as one might expect from Astronomy magazine)

Thats a real pity, there seems to be a trend here from them to kiss ass when it comes to an instrument review, although cant you blame them, they gave the JMI binoscope some not so great comments but overall positive, a few months later there was a letter from the manufacturer disputing the review. :?

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

• michaeloconnell
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
17 years 10 months ago #29768 by michaeloconnell
Replied by michaeloconnell on topic Re: July S&T - arrived yet?
Well, I dropped an e-mail to S&T...let's see what happens.

Pat,
Hope the sale of the house goes ok and looking forward to seeing you again later this summer.

Clear skies,

More
17 years 10 months ago #29772 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: July S&T - arrived yet?
I can't say I got my July issue of S&T on time, as I don't subscribe, but I did notice that my copy of Réalta did arrive late this month! :lol:

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
17 years 10 months ago #29773 by mjs
Replied by mjs on topic Re: July S&T - arrived yet?
Michael,

I got my July issue two weeks ago, but my June issue had not arrived by the third week in May.
An email to customer services got no reply but the issue did arrive within a week (in different packaging to the usual), so two issues within a week!

Time to create page: 0.109 seconds