K-Tec

Some advice please..

More
13 years 5 months ago #87008 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re:Some advice please..
Hi Ciaran
That scope is really not bad for the price but keep in mind its a pureply manual scope, no computer goto capability, check out that the mirror coatings are good before you hand out any money. Go the the galways astronomy club and they guys there will be able to help you out.

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #87017 by mykc
Replied by mykc on topic Re:Some advice please..
Hi Ciaran,

The November issue of Sky st Night magazine has several articles describing the different types of telescope and mount, and discussing the strengths and weaknesses of the various options. It also gives good general advice on choosing and buying them.

The earlier posts give excellent advice. Don't rush into a purchase (that's the voice of experience talking), take the time to get a clearer idea of where your interests lie (imaging or visual?, solar system or deep sky?) before making the investment. There is a steady trickle of used equipment on Done Deal, Buy and Sell, etc., so don't panic, there will always be another bargain just around the corner. In the meantime, I'm sure the Galway Astronomy Club members would be happy to advise, and allow you to get up close and personal with their scopes.

Happy hunting.

Mike.

Skywatcher 120 mm ED on a CG5 mount.
Orion UK 300mm Dobsonian

• caseyciaran
  • Topic Author
  • Proto Star
  • Proto Star
More
13 years 5 months ago #87078 by caseyciaran
Replied by caseyciaran on topic Re:Some advice please..
Thanks guys

Time to create page: 0.099 seconds