K-Tec

Comet Pan-STARRS and its March+ 2013 appearance

More
11 years 2 months ago #96951 by Nerro
Well didnt even had a chance as there were clouds and SNOW!!! :( going to head to sugar loaf tonight for around 6:45 anyone that wants to join are more than welcome.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #96955 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re: Comet Pan-STARRS and its March+ 2013 appearance
I must point out that the tail in the diagram in the first post is not an indication of what it'll actually look like in the sky..
Having done a little more digging, apparently reports from all around the world indicate that people are finding it very difficult if not impossible to see this comet without visual aid.

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by dave_lillis.

More
11 years 2 months ago #96957 by Keith g
Once again no luck with those clouds :-(

Keith..

More
11 years 2 months ago #96958 by Derek Davey
Replied by Derek Davey on topic Re: Comet Pan-STARRS and its March+ 2013 appearance
I found it, was just about to give up when I spotted the moon through the binos, so I kept scouting and found it,
not vivible to naked eye, for me anyway, but very visible through binos, very clear even against a bright sky, I could see the core and tail very clearly, I did try to get a picture but the sky was just to bright, I felt this would be the case, but I had to try, hopefully the weather stays clear for the next few evenings.

• flt158
  • Away
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
11 years 2 months ago #96959 by flt158
What is your location, Barr? Dublin is clouded out.

Aubrey.

More
11 years 2 months ago #96960 by Derek Davey
Replied by Derek Davey on topic Re: Comet Pan-STARRS and its March+ 2013 appearance
rosses point beach, just outside sligo, lookong out across the sea, so nothing in the way, only cloud patches

Moderators: Neill
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds