K-Tec

Input requested on design and layout of V3.0 of this site

More
18 years 5 months ago #19025 by Seanie_Morris
That does happen on some other boards alright e.g. a 25KB limit. Though, at that kind of resolution in astronomy, you're not going to get 'the full picture'!

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 4 months ago #20578 by dave_lillis
I'd like to ask if the following is possible,

When I select "view posts since last visit" and you get the results, would it be possible to put in a "tick " box for each thread, like a "have read already" for a thread, so next time I do "view posts since last visit" the same thread doesnt come up again, irregardless of whether I've read the post or not.

or maybe a "discontinue watching thread" button.

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

• voyager
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
18 years 4 months ago #20583 by voyager

I'd like to ask if the following is possible,

When I select "view posts since last visit" and you get the results, would it be possible to put in a "tick " box for each thread, like a "have read already" for a thread, so next time I do "view posts since last visit" the same thread doesnt come up again, irregardless of whether I've read the post or not.

or maybe a "discontinue watching thread" button.

This involves manipulating the code for phpBB rather than the code for this site and although it is possible, it's not something I would be inclined to do because version 2 of phpBB (the version we are using) is nearing the end of it's life and version 3 has a dramatically different code base so all work done on V2 will be all for nothing in a few months.

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

Moderators: darragh
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds