Feedback

• Garry Murphy
  • Topic Author
  • Nebula
  • Nebula
More
19 years 8 months ago #4346 by Garry Murphy
Feedback was created by Garry Murphy
I find this site good , but not very good . I find it very hard to find my way around. Otherwise it is a good site

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 8 months ago #4347 by voyager
Replied by voyager on topic Re: Feedback

I find this site good , but not very good . I find it very hard to find my way around. Otherwise it is a good site

Thanks very much for your feed back.

This site is still very much underconstruction. At the moment I am the only developer so it is developing a lot slower than I would lhave hoped it would but it is still developing.

Can you suggest any ways in which the site could be made easier to get around?

Thanks,

Bart B.,
IFAS Webmaster.

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

More
19 years 8 months ago #4348 by albertw
Replied by albertw on topic Re: Feedback

Can you suggest any ways in which the site could be made easier to get around?

Have the articles or Resources links at the top point to a dedicated page for Arcturus, listing the articles in the current issue?

Cheers,
~Al

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

• Visitor
  • Visitor
19 years 8 months ago #4350 by
Replied by on topic Re: Feedback
Okay my 2 cents (feel free to disagree!);

- There are too many points of navigation on the main page. For example, you have a menu bar on the top, and also one on the left. You also have a 'login' form, as well as a 'login' button on the top-left. That's presenting the average user with too many ways to get lost on the site.

- No need for that welcome message on the main page. People know where they are, they've just typed it in the address bar. Move the thing that's of most interest to people to the top, in this case probably the 'Site Activity' section. Perhaps have an 'About Us' menu option where they can read a bit more about IFAS and the site. Also a 'Contact Us' menu option?

- Club links. You have the 'Clubs' links on the left of the main page, and also on the right, which one should they use?

- 'Observers' - not sure what this menu option is for.

- Take off the 'under construction' text. Websites are almost always in a state of 'under construction' - It just gives the wrong impression when people see that, they have a habit of saying 'oh, it's not finished, I'll come back when it is'

The main way I use this site is by clicking directly on something of interest in the 'recent posts' list, which takes me straight to the forum. If I have to log on at this point, I do so.

John.

More
19 years 8 months ago #4351 by jhonan
Replied by jhonan on topic Re: Feedback
Bah, 'guest' above is me!!

And what was I just saying about logging in? :lol: :lol:

Everyone in Ireland buys Meade, and they all buy them from Lidl.

More
19 years 8 months ago #4353 by albertw
Replied by albertw on topic Re: Feedback

The main way I use this site is by clicking directly on something of interest in the 'recent posts' list, which takes me straight to the forum. If I have to log on at this point, I do so.

fwiw I have the "posts since your last visit" bookmarked and never look elsewhere unless I need to browse the files section.

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

Moderators: darragh
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds