"Do not be afraid"

• Conor
  • Topic Author
  • Main Sequence
  • Main Sequence
More
19 years 6 months ago #10250 by Conor
"Do not be afraid" was created by Conor
There was a man who came in to our school today who was talking about the bible. He told us how much God loved us and that we can achieve anything if we really and truly want to. Firstly told us his back-round, he grew up in London and when his mother and father broke up at his age of 19 he left home as he was so badly hurt. He fell in with a drugs group and no sooner was he working with them than for them. He was involved in all the major robberies in London and was taken drugs like there were going out of fashion. He told us how he met a priest and had came out of all his bad habits and had now turned to God again. He then moved on to telling us a few stories about the strength that people had from God. One was off, there was to best friends who got on really well until one of them had to leave to go on holidays for a few weeks. On the boys way home he was killed in a plane crash. The other boy was in really bad shape and he locked himself in his room for 3days. The boys mother was really worried about him as he had never come out of his room for 3days. On the 3rd day the boy came out of his room and was feeling very good and had over come a very sudden change in his mood. The boys mother asked him why are you in such a good mood, the boy handed his mother the bible and and on every page the phrase "Do not be afraid" was underlined! And do you know who this boy grow up to be. Neill Armstrong the first man to walk on the moon

Moderator of Photography Forum:

www.freeimagebrowser.com/gallery/index.php

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 6 months ago #10252 by SimonLogan
Replied by SimonLogan on topic Re: "Do not be afraid"
Lovely story Conor.

Thanks,
Simon

More
19 years 6 months ago #10253 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re: "Do not be afraid"
Thats one I haven't heard before.

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

• DaveGrennan
  • IFAS Astronomer of the Year 2010
  • IFAS Astronomer of the Year 2010
More
19 years 6 months ago #10258 by DaveGrennan
Replied by DaveGrennan on topic Re: "Do not be afraid"
Very nice story:)

Regards and Clear Skies,

Dave.
J41 - Raheny Observatory.
www.webtreatz.com
Equipment List here

Time to create page: 0.121 seconds