BUYING SPACE STUFF

• DeirdreKelleghan
  • Topic Author
  • IFAS Social Media Officer
More
19 years 5 months ago #10835 by DeirdreKelleghan
BUYING SPACE STUFF was created by DeirdreKelleghan
Has anybody bought anything from Countdown Creations,its a link from Universe Today. info@universetoday.com I like some of their products but am not sure the site is ok. ie secure for credit card transactions. :?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• DaveGrennan
  • IFAS Astronomer of the Year 2010
More
19 years 5 months ago #10843 by DaveGrennan
Replied by DaveGrennan on topic Re: BUYING SPACE STUFF
Hi Deirdre,

Can you post the link to the website you visited. I cant find the space goods you mention on the site.

Regards and Clear Skies,

Dave.
J41 - Raheny Observatory.
www.webtreatz.com
Equipment List here

• DeirdreKelleghan
  • Topic Author
More
19 years 5 months ago #10851 by DeirdreKelleghan
Replied by DeirdreKelleghan on topic Space Stuff
www.countdowncreations.com/sts114t.htm

Here is the link to the space stuff website, I like the space shuttle tee shirt, I am unsure if the site is secure for buying products with my card online?

Deirdre Kelleghan

More
19 years 5 months ago #10853 by albertw
Replied by albertw on topic Re: BUYING SPACE STUFF
Their ordering process appears to be handled by yahoo.com so I would expect it to be secure.

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

• DaveGrennan
More
19 years 5 months ago #10854 by DaveGrennan
Replied by DaveGrennan on topic Re: BUYING SPACE STUFF
Hi Deirdre,

Yes it looks ok to me. Like Al says its handled by Yahoo, your details are transmitted over a secure encrypted connection so theres no danger of your card details being intercepted en-route. What it then boils down to is whether you trust the vendor. I do a lot of shopping via the internet. After I have satisfied myself as to technical security of my information I base the rest of my judgement on subtle things. For example I see these people do wholesale. That implies to me that they are a bit more than just a kid in his/her back bedroom.

I would be happy to buy from this company. That said there is always a risk with internet shopping. All you can do is make the best judgement you can, after that its up to visa/mastercard to keep you protected from fraud.

Sometimes you see people do the most stupid of things. I good friend of mine bought some illegal pirated dvds from a website based in thailand. A couple of hours later he got a call from his credit card company who were concerned with the level of activity on his card over the past couple of hours. He managed to avoid having to pay for the fraudulent transactions, but only just. Visa were claiming that by buying from such a disreputable site he 'Did not take appropriate care to ensure the security of his credit card details'. I think they have a valid point and he now knows just how lucky he was that they capitulated and removed these from his bill.

Sorry for yakking on. All I can say is that I would buy from these people.

Regards and Clear Skies,

Dave.
J41 - Raheny Observatory.
www.webtreatz.com
Equipment List here

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds