• BrianOHalloran
  • Topic Author
  • Main Sequence
  • Main Sequence
More
20 years 10 months ago #1184 by BrianOHalloran
Replied by BrianOHalloran on topic Re: Neil Armstrong interview last night
Hi Bart.

After the large groan that went up from the audience when they realised what he was on about, Armstrong spoke very briefly about the whole hoax speculation - he quite effectively argued that it would have been a hell of a lot harder to actually fake a moon landing than to actually do it, to which he got a round of applause ;)

Brian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 10 months ago #1185 by spculleton
Replied by spculleton on topic Re: Neil Armstrong interview last night
There wasn't really time for a scientific dealing with the question. There was a fairly obvious hiss of distaste when the question was asked, and then when Gaybo related the question to Armstrong he looked kind of ... I dunno ... hurt I guess.
His response was fairly practised though, as if he had dealt with this so many times before, as I'm sure he has.
The question before it was one along the lines of "how does leaving the earth make you think about war and rivalry between nations?" or something shiny/happy like that. Perfect feelgood question to round off proceedings, but Mr Byrne has to give the floor to a crank!

Shane Culleton.

Dozo Yoroshiku Onegai Shimasu

More
17 years 4 months ago #46254 by Mike
Replied by Mike on topic Apollo 11 joke!
Hi
Thought you might like this :D (I don’t know what to make of it, someone went to a lot of bother for this practical joke)…

www.umanovaera.bighost.com.br/a_verdade_..._a_lua/moontruth.mpg

Murphy’s Law…
• If there is a possibility of several things going wrong, the one that will cause the most damage will be the first one to go wrong.
• In case of doubt, make it sound convincing
• There's never time to do it right, but there's always time to do it over

Clear skies
Mike

I83 Cherryvalley Observatory

After one look at this planet any visitor from outer space would say; "I WANT TO SEE THE MANAGER".

More
17 years 3 months ago #46256 by albertw
Replied by albertw on topic Re: Apollo 11 joke!

Hi
Thought you might like this :D (I don’t know what to make of it, someone went to a lot of bother for this practical joke)…

www.umanovaera.bighost.com.br/a_verdade_..._a_lua/moontruth.mpg

I like the last line - "Sorry Mr. Gorsky" :)

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

More
17 years 3 months ago #46257 by donkearns
Replied by donkearns on topic Re: Neil Armstrong interview last night
I saw Neil Armstrongs presentation at the Microsoft launch of Vista last year. Actually, he was the reason I went! Many more besides me too I'd say, given the standing ovation he received both at the start and at the end.
Have to say thanks to Microsoft for that one.
He is still very with it.
I particularly liked where, referencing the Vista event, he said that he has been at one or two launches himself in the past :)
I look forward to hearing the radio programme.
It was a day to remember for me especially as I grew up during that period.

Watched "The Dish" a few months ago too. It was great :) It and Apollo 13 capture the period perfectly for me.

Don

I really must think of something interesting to use as a tag line!

More
17 years 3 months ago #46262 by artyfarty
Replied by artyfarty on topic Re: Neil Armstrong interview last night
I was at that M$ Vista launch also (hence the photo on the left :D ) It was a great speech and as Brian said in the original post he seemed very down to Earth (no pun intended!!!) and the crowd loved him. Everyone there received a free copy of M$ Office 2007 and Vista but all I wanted after the launch was that photo which is proudly displayed in my living room wall.

Interestingly during the lunch break I was speaking to one of the developers of the new version of Windows Server and SQL, the joke doing the rounds was that they were planning to get Buzz to speak at the second launch :lol:

If anyone finds an electronic link to this event can you post it here?

Time to create page: 0.116 seconds