K-Tec

Travelling US-IRL next Friday .. anyone want a small item?

• slattts
  • Topic Author
  • Proto Star
  • Proto Star
More
19 years 4 months ago #12217 by slattts
Hello,

I'm taking the annual trip to see the Sod next week Friday, be there Saturday if all goes well. It occurs to me that a small optical item or two would fit in with the camera gear without much trouble and might be an appropriate 'gift' for a fellow-stargazer IF you know what I mean. I could purchase this coming Saturday and meet the individual in Tipperary environs (or on the main route from Dub to Tipp, Tipp to Limk, Limk to Galway or otherwise by arrangement) and present same with receipt for cash payment. The only prob would be the dollar-euro rate on which I think we could agree easily enough. No profit motive, just pass-through. I understand some items are cheaper and/or more readily available over here.

I'm thinking eyepiece, Barlow, Powermate .. no electonics or bulky items please. I can do two or three items at most and would really prefer to deal with one individual if at all possible.

Email me directly if interested: slatter1@adelphia.net

-- Denis Slattery

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 4 months ago #12222 by James Butler
You could save me a hell of a lot of money by bringing in a JMI Crayford motorised focuser for an LXD75 but I guess that would not be amongst the items you are prepared to carry.

James Butler

Astronomy Diary - astronomy-diary.blogspot.com/

More
19 years 3 months ago #12225 by michaeloconnell
I guess a 16" LX200 would be pushing my luck would it? :)
Seriously, that's a very generous offer Denis and I hope someone takes you up on it. meanwhile, I'll scratch my head and see if there's anything I need....

• slattts
  • Topic Author
  • Proto Star
  • Proto Star
More
19 years 3 months ago #12236 by slattts
Wish I could help you with the motofocus James, maybe another time we can get it coordinated. The way airport security is over here, trying to bring such a device in carry-on luggage might well get me arrested -- and I'm not kidding :shock: and putting pricey electronics in checked baggage is a no-no for me after I lost my entire camera kit from inside a locked suitcase years ago, but I digress.

Have room for one more item only, already took a couple of 'orders' :D

-- Denis S.

Time to create page: 0.115 seconds