• martinastro
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
19 years 3 months ago #12712 by martinastro
Noctilucent Clouds Last Night! was created by martinastro
Hi all

Last night i seen my very first NLC display since last year. I first spotted it at midnight from my bedroom window (June 6th) where i snapped a few images. I went outside and snapped more images throughout the night. The display was best before dawn and made the images i took look alot better however the camera failed to catch just how bright the display was. It dominated the NW - N sky sector all night and expaned more than 40* in length. The clouds stayed below the height of Capella and hugged the horizon. At times murk and foreground low level dark clouds parked in front of the display creating a very 3D picture. The clouds were a mostly homogenous bright white glow with only slight structure visible. My sister also seen them. I have taken a selection of images and have sent them in to Mark. It was a real nice display and it suprised me greatly even though i have been watching for them since the beginning of May!

I will get the images posted up shortly but they are not great because of my limited exposure of just 2 seconds......clear skies and keep an eye out. :D

Sky Conds: calm, murky, scattered SW light non threatening clouds and some high level cirrus, cool, Good seeing, poor - average trans. Moon just after new!

Martin Mc Kenna

coruscations attending the whole length of the luminosity, giving to the phenomena the aspect of a wrathful messenger, and not that of a tranquil body pursuing a harmless course..comet of 1680

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• martinastro
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
19 years 3 months ago #12713 by martinastro
Replied by martinastro on topic Re: Noctilucent Clouds Last Night!
www.ukweatherworld.co.uk/forum/forums/th...id=21586&posts=1

Above is a link which shows 2 of the shots i took before dawn. Capella is the brightest star visible.

Martin Mc Kenna

coruscations attending the whole length of the luminosity, giving to the phenomena the aspect of a wrathful messenger, and not that of a tranquil body pursuing a harmless course..comet of 1680

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.092 seconds