K-Tec

Daylight Venus With Naked Eye!

More
19 years 3 months ago #12874 by spculleton
Replied by spculleton on topic Re: Daylight Venus With Naked Eye!
Well done Martin. It's a great feeling to see Venus with the naked-eye while the sun is still in the sky. I remember one time when I spotted it and just basked in the warmth of the sunshine as I looked on this little speck. It's incredibly obvious when you find it, but also terribly easy to lose track of. My method was to use a thin Moon as a jumping-off point during a close conjunction last year. Once I found it on that day (also a sunday, coincidentally) it was easy to keep track off over the next few days, even weeks. I almost considered getting a permanent marker and turning the window in my back door into a chart!

Shane Culleton.

Dozo Yoroshiku Onegai Shimasu

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• martinastro
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
19 years 3 months ago #12878 by martinastro
Replied by martinastro on topic Re: Daylight Venus With Naked Eye!
Thanks for that Shane. Glad you seen it too.

I will take your advice onboard

Martin Mc Kenna

coruscations attending the whole length of the luminosity, giving to the phenomena the aspect of a wrathful messenger, and not that of a tranquil body pursuing a harmless course..comet of 1680

• martinastro
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
19 years 3 months ago #12905 by martinastro
Replied by martinastro on topic Re: Daylight Venus With Naked Eye!
Dave i forgot to reply to you there.

Conor was occuppied with observing the sun and taking images at the time beside me so his agenda was different from mine on that day. However he did have a look through the eyepiece and finder at the planet.

All best!

Martin Mc Kenna

coruscations attending the whole length of the luminosity, giving to the phenomena the aspect of a wrathful messenger, and not that of a tranquil body pursuing a harmless course..comet of 1680

Time to create page: 0.101 seconds