K-Tec

Video footage of Sunspots and daylight planet Venus

• Conor
  • Topic Author
  • Main Sequence
  • Main Sequence
More
19 years 3 months ago #12898 by Conor
I got some nice footage of Sunspots 775 & 776 and Venus in the daytime. Is there any chance i can load it on to this site for user viewing and also to link a few other sites :D thanks

Moderator of Photography Forum:

www.freeimagebrowser.com/gallery/index.php

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 3 months ago #12902 by voyager

I got some nice footage of Sunspots 775 & 776 and Venus in the daytime. Is there any chance i can load it on to this site for user viewing and also to link a few other sites :D thanks

Hi Conor, how big is the file? Ordinarily I'd say yes but we have consistently gone over our bandwidth quota on this site for the last 6 months or so, hence the restrictions on what can be uploaded to the files section. In fact, if anyting things are gonna have to get even tighter, in the next few weeks I will be dissabling direct linking from offsite to files in the files section because external linking is proving a real drain.

In short, if we had enough bandwidth it would be no problem at all but I'm sorry to say we don't unless it is a very small file.

Bart B.,
IFAS Webmaster.

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

More
19 years 3 months ago #12904 by SometimesKen
Hey Guys,
Can I suggest something? At my home site njnightsky.com/nuke/html/index.php We have a imaging gallery where we put up a image that needs more processing to be completed. We all use the same raw material to get our best finished image, then post it for everyone to vote on. The the winner tells us what he/she did to get the finished image. That way we all learn a trick or 2.

Anyway ... maybe that can work for you guys too .... take a avi file, stack it in Registax, then post it for others to do the wavelet processing and whatever other program you have to finish ... anyway it's something to do during the crumby nights!

Just a thought ...
Ken 8)

As the setting sun / melts below the horizon / the stars applaud her bow. ~W. Terrance~
39* 54' N - 74* 10" W

• Conor
  • Topic Author
  • Main Sequence
  • Main Sequence
More
19 years 3 months ago #12913 by Conor
yes i understand, i am currently setting up a small website to host some of these links on msn spaces :(
it is a very big file it's 2.32mb

More
19 years 3 months ago #12918 by ctr
Conor
PM me for my email address. I'll try and see if it will load to my site. (apparently there is no bandwidth worries and its free) If it works just link to it :D

They are using fairly basic software so it might not upload :( but worth a try. :wink:

Conor

Each of us is here on earth for a reason, and each of us has a special mission to carry out - Maria Shriver

• Conor
  • Topic Author
  • Main Sequence
  • Main Sequence
More
19 years 3 months ago #12924 by Conor
ok thanks.i just hope unes arent expecting a big highly standerd video stream, it was only a small tester lol :D

Time to create page: 0.118 seconds