• Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
19 years 3 months ago #13003 by martinastro
June 19th NLC Spectacle!!! was created by martinastro
www.ukweatherworld.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=21886

Hi all

A superb NLC display appeared last night (19/20) from 23.45 to 03.00 local time dominating the NW - N sky sectors. The display was of Type 3 and had a brightness of type 4. It was a fantastic glowing white/green herring bone type structure 60* in length and 10* above the horizon. An unforgetable sight! Click the baove link to see 3 of my images of the display (i took over 100)

Anyone esle see it?

All Best!

Martin Mc Kenna

coruscations attending the whole length of the luminosity, giving to the phenomena the aspect of a wrathful messenger, and not that of a tranquil body pursuing a harmless course..comet of 1680

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 2 months ago #13014 by voyager
Replied by voyager on topic Re: June 19th NLC Spectacle!!!
Oh wow ... that really looks cool!

Bart.

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

• martinastro
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
19 years 2 months ago #13019 by martinastro
Replied by martinastro on topic Re: June 19th NLC Spectacle!!!
www.nlcnet.co.uk/nlcreps.htm

I got my sighting and images put on the UK NLC site again. Click the above link and scroll to the bottom sector. There has been alot of NLC actvity lately though this only my 2nd sighting this season however i am anticipating major displays to come especially if they are anything like last nights display!!

Clear Skies!

Martin Mc Kenna

coruscations attending the whole length of the luminosity, giving to the phenomena the aspect of a wrathful messenger, and not that of a tranquil body pursuing a harmless course..comet of 1680

Time to create page: 0.121 seconds