• martinastro
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
19 years 2 months ago #13478 by martinastro
Telescope Advice Needed was created by martinastro
Hi all

I was wondering if anyone can offer me some advice. Due to the fact that i will be moving to a new house in a few months time and to a location where observing will be very unfavourable from the locations backgarden, i have decided to purchase a new telescope that would have enough light grasp and be portable enough for me to carry it (split in 2 sections) a short distance to a dark site to observe from. I will be using this scope mainly for comet hunting where i can carry it to a nearby location that will let me see lower in the eastern sky, infact lower than my current location. I went to the telescope house website and spotted a superb deal. They have a new 8" Relevation Dobsonian at only £229 and thats including delivery. Check outt he specs below....

The Revelation is a superb 8" F6 (200mm)Dobsonian with many exclusive features including an all alluminium crayford focuser, high quality roller bearing, all metal construction tube with 12v cooling fan, includes a 2" 26mm wide field eyepiece. This instrument has been produced for us exclusively to our specification in order to provide the user with the finest Dobsonian possible at this incredible price.

SPECIFICATIONS

All metal tube with 12v fan, tension adjustment bearings, 9 point flotation cell, all metal crayford 2" focuser with 1.25" adaptor, high quality roller bearing, 8x50 quality finderscope, 26mm 2" wide angle eyepiece and solid wood rocker box, cooling fan and battery box with lead.

This will be perfect for my purpose. That F/6 scope combined with my own 32mm SWA 2" eyepiece should give a decent FOV for comet searching. I was wondering if anyone has any further info on these scopes? any reviews? or have other scope suggestions that are both potable and at a cheap price?

www.telescopehouse.co.uk/page.aspx?theLa...VViTRLd8xXbHBDHGbzge

thanks in advance!

Martin Mc Kenna

coruscations attending the whole length of the luminosity, giving to the phenomena the aspect of a wrathful messenger, and not that of a tranquil body pursuing a harmless course..comet of 1680

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 2 months ago #13479 by ftodonoghue
Replied by ftodonoghue on topic Re: Telescope Advice Needed
Hi Martin

Another Cheap Dob here
www.astroshop.biz/sess=3ef40331b2f283357...83/shop/en/159/2198/

Don't know anything about these although someone on these boards "nosmo" was purchasing one. see link here.
www.irishastronomy.org/boards/viewtopic.php?t=2054

Cheers
Trevor

• martinastro
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
19 years 2 months ago #13480 by martinastro
Replied by martinastro on topic Re: Telescope Advice Needed
thanks Trevor!

Martin Mc Kenna

coruscations attending the whole length of the luminosity, giving to the phenomena the aspect of a wrathful messenger, and not that of a tranquil body pursuing a harmless course..comet of 1680

More
19 years 2 months ago #13481 by StephenK
Replied by StephenK on topic Re: Telescope Advice Needed
I have a 12" Revelation on the way, should have it by monday. Ill let you know the quality etc of the scope. Afaik its a GSO/Hardin optical clone.

Stephen Kershaw
Ktec Telescopes Ltd
085 - 228 8692
sales@ktectelescopes.ie
www.ktectelescopes.ie
www.facebook.com/ktectelescopes
www.twitter.com/ktectelescopes

• martinastro
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
19 years 2 months ago #13483 by martinastro
Replied by martinastro on topic Re: Telescope Advice Needed
Thanks for that Stephen. I would really appreciate your feed back.

I take it these scopes split in the middle like conventionall dobs? The tube lifts out the rocker box so they can be carried seperatley for easy transportation?

Martin Mc Kenna

More
19 years 2 months ago #13488 by StephenK
Replied by StephenK on topic Re: Telescope Advice Needed
Yes, its the ota and rocker box separate. Who owns the big blue dob in your avatar? For comet hunting is it a case of the bigger the aperture the better? If so, maybe you should stretch to a 10". That 10" from astroshop.biz looks tempting. Though that said, the Revelation series come with crayfords and cooling fan which is a bonus!

Stephen Kershaw
Ktec Telescopes Ltd
085 - 228 8692
sales@ktectelescopes.ie
www.ktectelescopes.ie
www.facebook.com/ktectelescopes
www.twitter.com/ktectelescopes

Time to create page: 0.109 seconds