K-Tec

Black Smoke Filled Skies

More
19 years 2 months ago #13702 by kevin
Black Smoke Filled Skies was created by kevin
As the 11th night bonfire burned on the beautiful clear night sky was filled with a thick black smoke.

What a hugh let down. i have been waiting all day and now there is no point in scoping out. my sky is filled with thick black smoke and it is obsuring the whole sky. looks like it will be like this for another few hours. anyway it gives me time to catch up with some sleep.

Clear skies everyone :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 2 months ago #13711 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Black Smoke Filled Skies
Kevin,
to what occasion is the bonfire for? Would it be ok to write a letter to the editor of your local paper about it? Not to give out about any festival that it may be tied to, but just to show the irony about it and pollution, and astronomy!

:wink:

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
19 years 2 months ago #13715 by kevin
Replied by kevin on topic Re: Black Smoke Filled Skies
Hi Seanie,
Thats A good idea, i might actually do that. you never know the repies i might get.

They are built by the members of the Protestant community ahead of the Twelfth of July commemoration of William of Orange's victory over the Catholic King James II at the Battle of the Boyne in 1690.

Thanks mate.
Kevin Black

More
19 years 2 months ago #13718 by stepryan
Replied by stepryan on topic Re: Black Smoke Filled Skies

Hi Seanie,
Thats A good idea, i might actually do that. you never know the repies i might get.

They are built by the members of the Protestant community ahead of the Twelfth of July commemoration of William of Orange's victory over the Catholic King James II at the Battle of the Boyne in 1690.

Thanks mate.
Kevin Black

yes silly season is back. we get that down here but it is usually stolen cars being burnt.
stephen.

More
19 years 2 months ago #13721 by jhonan
Replied by jhonan on topic Re: Black Smoke Filled Skies

Very diplomatically put... :D

Everyone in Ireland buys Meade, and they all buy them from Lidl.

More
19 years 2 months ago #13722 by martinastro
Replied by martinastro on topic Re: Black Smoke Filled Skies
Sorry to hear about your sky being smoked out Kevin :(

Martin Mc Kenna

coruscations attending the whole length of the luminosity, giving to the phenomena the aspect of a wrathful messenger, and not that of a tranquil body pursuing a harmless course..comet of 1680

Time to create page: 0.109 seconds