Posting links...I just don't get it?

• Keith g
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
19 years 2 months ago #14068 by Keith g
Posting links...I just don't get it? was created by Keith g
Seanie, I see that I cannot post a reply to your post earlier today, so my only avenue is here...

I see that all the links you have posted are a good collection of all things astronomical, It's a good idea to have a 'central' place to post all these, but does this mean that nobody can post any sort of link whatsoever in any forum at any time?

If the answer is yes, i'm afraid I have to disagree with this decision, surely it would be counter-productive if for example, any person is posting a topic or a reply, and half way through typing their message, a link is needed to explain something further.

Is it now a requirement that any proposed link be put through to you?
Just to clear it up,
Keith..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 2 months ago #14069 by albertw
Replied by albertw on topic Re: Posting links...I just don't get it?

I see that all the links you have posted are a good collection of all things astronomical, It's a good idea to have a 'central' place to post all these, but does this mean that nobody can post any sort of link whatsoever in any forum at any time?

I _think_ the plan is that you can post what you like and seanie will sift through the posts and put up any links in the links forum there as well for us to search through whenever we want to find the link.

Now why we have to have a links forum rather than a simple links page off the website is something I still don't get (and will continue to moan about until someone convinces me as to why its better than a simple links page)

Seriously, does anyone think that:
www.irishastronomy.org/boards/viewforum.php?f=35
is better than
www.irishastronomy.org/user_resources/fi...223921-ifaslinks.htm
especially if the latter was kept up to date and in the Resources section?

Cheers,
~Al

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

More
19 years 2 months ago #14073 by lionsden
Replied by lionsden on topic Re: Posting links...I just don't get it?
Have to admit, I'm with Al on this one! Having all these different posts for the links means alot of going in and out. One page has to be simpler... unless I'm missing something. :? Am I?
I'm more inclined to just copy the links from the forums and make my own links page.
- Just my opinion.

Leo @ Lionsden
Perhap because light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

More
19 years 2 months ago #14074 by voyager
Replied by voyager on topic Re: Posting links...I just don't get it?
I have a feeling that we will soon build up a lot of links and that hence it is a good idea to have them categorised like Seanie is doing.

Mind you all this is just a stop-gap measure untill I get time to do up something proper!

Bart.

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

More
19 years 2 months ago #14075 by dpower
Replied by dpower on topic Re: Posting links...I just don't get it?
Strictly from a usability point of view I think it makes better sense to stick them in the resources section. A new user might have some difficulty finding them on the forum pages. When users are looking for links the obvious place to start is the resources button.

Although, the forum is the easier content management solution...

IFAS web team

More
19 years 2 months ago #14076 by voyager
Replied by voyager on topic Re: Posting links...I just don't get it?
I can stick a link to the links section in the form in the resources section. That should tide us over for a while.

BB

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

Time to create page: 0.115 seconds