• martinastro
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
19 years 1 month ago #14193 by martinastro
Summer Dogs And Arcs! was created by martinastro
Hi all

I spotted some nice atmospheric phenomena today while i was mowing the lawn in this fantastic sunny, warm day. The sky was was full of whispy clouds and slightly murky so it was just a matter of time before i spotted something. On the first image is a faint white horizontal bar called an UPPER TANGENT ARC, it was very faint and can barley be seen on the image unless you know exactly where to look however it was easier with the naked eye which revealed it to be slightly multicoloured.

Later i spotted a nice rainbow coloured SUNDOG 22* to the west of the sun. It had a 5* long white tail which is really a section of a PARHELIC ARC!! You can see in the images the beautiful whispy clouds in the sky! All images are ISO80/Auto Mode/tripod mounted.

eaas.proboards31.com/index.cgi?action=di...mp;thread=1122490856

Martin Mc Kenna

coruscations attending the whole length of the luminosity, giving to the phenomena the aspect of a wrathful messenger, and not that of a tranquil body pursuing a harmless course..comet of 1680

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 1 month ago #14196 by voyager
Replied by voyager on topic Re: Summer Dogs And Arcs!
It sounds great but the pics are not loading on that post you linked to unfortunately :cry:

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

More
19 years 1 month ago #14198 by lionsden
Replied by lionsden on topic Re: Summer Dogs And Arcs!
Martin, now THAT'S what I call dedication! You even have the camera ready when you're mowing the lawn!
Is there anywhere you don't bring it?..... :wink:

Leo @ Lionsden
Perhap because light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

• martinastro
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
19 years 1 month ago #14217 by martinastro
Replied by martinastro on topic Re: Summer Dogs And Arcs!
LOL

I always have it close to hand. You never know what might appear in the sky or what good photographic scene may present itself :D

I wonder why the images wont upload....they work for me....have you tried them since?

Clear Skies!

Martin Mc Kenna

coruscations attending the whole length of the luminosity, giving to the phenomena the aspect of a wrathful messenger, and not that of a tranquil body pursuing a harmless course..comet of 1680

More
19 years 1 month ago #14223 by voyager
Replied by voyager on topic Re: Summer Dogs And Arcs!
Images are working fine now .... must have been a glich on the server they are stored on.

BB

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

Time to create page: 0.104 seconds