K-Tec

Using computerised mount for manual tracking

More
19 years 1 month ago #14636 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re: Using computerised mount for manual tracking

However even with the clanps enabled you cannot damage the mount with the CG5. I stress that other mounts may be different. I am only referring to the CG5 here.

Hi Dave,
I can testify that you will damage lx200 drives if they are stalled by obsticles.

Although I havent tried the fix under the stars yet, looking at a church steeple way off in the distance seems to suggest the problem is now gone. The S&T reviewer found exactly the same on his mount example.

I also tried the same on my scope, but just be carefull not to over bind the gear, you'll know you've done this if the motor sounds louder then before.
There is an ammeter on my scope so I can see that the motors are under a heavier load.

Have fun.

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• eamonn obrien
  • Topic Author
  • Proto Star
  • Proto Star
More
19 years 1 month ago #14860 by eamonn obrien
Replied by eamonn obrien on topic Re: Using computerised mount for manual tracking
Hi Dave Grennan,

Dave I'll be at the star BBQ on 26th Aug if the weather suits. Will ave the new Advanced series GT mount there and set up. Would be quite happy to look into this backlash issue then and compare.

regards,

Eamonn O'Brien.

• DaveGrennan
  • IFAS Astronomer of the Year 2010
  • IFAS Astronomer of the Year 2010
More
19 years 1 month ago #14871 by DaveGrennan
Replied by DaveGrennan on topic Re: Using computerised mount for manual tracking
Hi Eamonn, I'll have mine there too. So I'll look forward to meeting you and we can compare notes!

Regards and Clear Skies,

Dave.
J41 - Raheny Observatory.
www.webtreatz.com
Equipment List here

Time to create page: 0.097 seconds