Superb Transparency Last Night!

• Keith g
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
19 years 1 month ago #14663 by Keith g
Superb Transparency Last Night! was created by Keith g
I'm sure that anyone out observing/imaging last night had a ball, I know I did :D Yesterday had all the hallmarks of a great night to come. I'm writing this to say that there are only a handful of clear nights in any one year that you can remember for it's transparency, and last night was one of them.

I started with a look at venus and the moon close together in the west. The Summer Milkyway was a superb sight from my moderatly light polluted backgarden, it was like being out in the countryside :D Apart from my novasearch, I turned both scope -C8 and my 9x60mm binoculars on lots of targets, I can remember M8 and M20/21 were ecxellent, one of the best sights of these 3 i've had in quite a while, Globular clusters M10,12,22,5 and M13 were stunning, and the dumbell nebula m27 looked huge and bright in the scope, i don't think i've ever observed it so good.

Mars was rising in the east at about 11.30, it was so bright, a sign of the great spectacle to come in october/november. No perseids though?? Unusual now that we are heading for max.

I looked at so much more but, this was one of those summer nights that remind us all that our hobby is worth doing when it pays off.

Clear Skies,
Keith..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 1 month ago #14664 by tomcosgrave
Replied by tomcosgrave on topic Re: Superb Transparency Last Night!
Yes, it was cracking alright. I didn't see any Perseids either - I wasn't out for very long, but I thought I would have seen a few of them...

--
tom cosgrave
this is diopter - www.thisisdiopter.org

More
19 years 1 month ago #14678 by martinastro
Replied by martinastro on topic Re: Superb Transparency Last Night!
Thats a cracker of a report keith. Glad to hear you had a great night and productive Nova search session. It was great here also, though i did catch 12 Perseids and a NLC display.....

How did anyone else get on?

Clear skies!

Martin Mc Kenna

coruscations attending the whole length of the luminosity, giving to the phenomena the aspect of a wrathful messenger, and not that of a tranquil body pursuing a harmless course..comet of 1680

Time to create page: 0.105 seconds