Gutted...

• dmcdona
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
19 years 1 month ago #14775 by dmcdona
Gutted... was created by dmcdona
Well, I always thought this was true. I mean, anyone who saw 'A Grand Day Out' with Wallace and Grommit, must have been convinced once and for all.

I know the Moon Landings failed to find any cheese on the moon, but they they really only scratched the surface. I was rather hoping the new mission(s) to the moon would confirm the composition of the moon as definately cheese. Preferably Cheshire. Though Stilton would be OK.

Oh well, another firm belief shattered... :wink:

"In 1546, John Heywood wrote in his Proverbes that "The moon is made of a greene cheese." Variations on this sentiment were repeated for many years, so that some people have assumed that this was once a serious belief. But Heywood was probably trying to be clever and others enjoyed repeating this “proverb” as silly nonsense."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 1 month ago #14776 by shanemcd
Replied by shanemcd on topic Re: Gutted...
NASAs failure to find cheese on the moon, I believe results in the fact that they should have been searching in the polar regions. :D

Also, many scientific studies have been carried out and I attach a link to this evidence / conspiracy....

www.planetfusion.co.uk/~pignut/cheese.html

THE MOON IS MADE OF CHEESE !!

This post was sponsored by Kilmeaden - the fillet of cheddar

• dmcdona
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
19 years 1 month ago #14777 by dmcdona
Replied by dmcdona on topic Re: Gutted...
So Wallace and Grommit were right all along!

If I remember their holiday documentary correctly, they did in fact land at the North pole of the Moon. So that would explain it. :D

Ah, the beauty of the Internet.

Cheers

Dave

This post written whilst carrying out seriously long astophotography exposures, accompanied by a slice of Wenslydale on toast

Time to create page: 0.138 seconds