New US Forum

• dmcdona
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
19 years 2 weeks ago #15430 by dmcdona
New US Forum was created by dmcdona
Folks - there's a new site for astronomers - US based but if it lives up to the hype, it could be OK. Thought I'd pass it on. Its only just opened for registration...

Cheers

Dave

Greetings!

After months of planning and weeks of building and designing, I am happy to announce that the new amateur astronomy community is officially opened and online today:

www.theastronomers.com

We would like to invite you to join the community here as registered user and to use the tools we have prepared for you:

- news about amateur astronomy, science and spaceflight - with quick updates when things happen
- a forum to discuss, offer advice, seek help and have fun
- a private gallery for every registered user, with easy upload and generous diskspace
- a general gallery where registered users can share their pictures, post comments and send e-cards
- a review system to share your experience with equipment you use and to look what others think about a product you'd like to buy
- a growing directory of software to download (still building that one)
- a link section to promote your astronomy related personal homepage
- an event calendar to announce your star parties, meetings etc.
- private forums on request to have a secure and stable meeting point for your club/fellow amateur astronomers
- and more to come in the near future

Of course, everything is free - and even more: no ads on this site.

The Astronomers are situated on a dedicated server to guarantee short response time and stability. This all is built to offer you a great place together with others interested in astronomy.

Register at www.theastronomers.com and become a part of this friendly and helpful community - it's where you see more!

Looking forward to your visit and active involvement,
The Astronomers Site Team

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 2 weeks ago #15441 by observer
Replied by observer on topic Re: New US Forum
Well, the ONLY thing that's in the US is the server. The spirit is up in the sky and the guy behind the site (that's me) is in Vienna/Austria. :)

Will it "live up to the hype"? I'll do my best. I promise I will take it as serious as my last project www.rpgdot.com

Thanks for your link, btw - and clear skies!

Bernhard

More
19 years 2 weeks ago #15449 by Keith g
Replied by Keith g on topic Re:
Bernhard, I congratulate you on a great site! There's lots there to keep you busy! It's very well laid out, I think i'll join. What's the space limit on posting images?

Best wishes from Ireland,
Keith..

More
19 years 2 weeks ago #15452 by observer
Replied by observer on topic Re: New US Forum
Keith,

size limit = 1600x1200
file size limit = 1MB
personal folder limit = 10MB

And thanks for your kind words.

Bernhard

PS: This forum is sending me a notification about every new thread that is posted, and I can't find where to turn this off. Can somebody point me to where I can disable this function?

More
19 years 2 weeks ago #15453 by ctr
Replied by ctr on topic Re: New US Forum
Home
Community
Bulletin Boards
User Control Panel

Some of these settings do impact the behavious of the Bulletin boards but these features have been specifically created for IFAS and are not part of the standard phpBB setup.

Do you wish to recieve an Email whenever a new topic is started on the Bulletin Boards? Yes No
You will see a radio button there to turn off notifications.

Welcome to IrishAstronomy.org

Each of us is here on earth for a reason, and each of us has a special mission to carry out - Maria Shriver

Time to create page: 0.108 seconds