K-Tec

Congrats to Martin McKenna

More
18 years 11 months ago #16783 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Congrats to Martin McKenna
Well done Martin! Is this your first photo to be published?

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 11 months ago #16785 by martinastro
Replied by martinastro on topic Re: Congrats to Martin McKenna
Thanks Seannie

I have got an image on Astronomy Magazine Pic of the day for the website and two on the BBC's 'Sky At Night' site but never had one published in a magazine before ....so i am delighted. It was the last thing i was expecting today :D

Thanks Keith for letting me know..i couldnt see the October edition in the shops up here so i was in the dark untill your post...thanks again :D

Martin Mc Kenna

coruscations attending the whole length of the luminosity, giving to the phenomena the aspect of a wrathful messenger, and not that of a tranquil body pursuing a harmless course..comet of 1680

More
18 years 11 months ago #16790 by ayiomamitis
Replied by ayiomamitis on topic Re: Congrats to Martin McKenna

Thanks very much everyone. This was a bit of a suprise as i have only heard about it there now lol

Martin,

This is one of my criticisms of Astronomy Magazine as well. I have been fortunate to have my work appear in this particular magazine a number of times and knew about each photo's appearance only upon receipt of the said issue.

For example, about a week ago I received the Nov/2005 issue and found that my image of Vallis Rheita was used in the article by Robert Burnham. Not that I am complaining about the use of the image (!) but it would have been very nice if a quick email had been sent by the magazine ahead of time alerting me of the pleasant event.

I have a similar problem with Astronomy Now who also do not inform their contributors that something will be used in the Gallery section.

It is these little things that make Sky&Telescope stand out yet again over all the rest!

Anthony.

Anthony Ayiomamitis
Athens, Greece
www.perseus.gr

More
18 years 11 months ago #16810 by ftodonoghue
Replied by ftodonoghue on topic Re: Congrats to Martin McKenna
Well Done Martin

Cheers
Trevor

More
18 years 11 months ago #16811 by aaronhunter
Replied by aaronhunter on topic Re: Congrats to Martin McKenna
Nice one Martin, well done :D

Aaron

More
18 years 11 months ago #16813 by eansbro
Replied by eansbro on topic Re: Congrats to Martin McKenna
Congratulations Martin.

Eamonn A

Time to create page: 0.116 seconds