K-Tec

Sky at Night magazine

More
18 years 10 months ago #17089 by Moe
Sky at Night magazine was created by Moe
Hi to all fellow astronomers out there. For those of you that may have been too busy watching the skies to notice, there's a magazine (which has been available in the shops since last June) from the BBC Sky at Night team. I've read a lot of Astronomy magazines over the years and this is the best one I've seen so far. Lots of the usual articles such as constellation close up, starmaps, readers gallery. but for me the biggest seller if the 'How to' section (July's issue featured how to use the setting circles on an equatorial mount correctly!!) Oh yeah I nearly forgot, there's a free CD rom which features the previous months Sky a Night TV program plus lots of extras.
About myself: I live under the light polluted skies of Drogheda (Oh how I yearn for the dark skies of Bonmahon where I'm from). I am also a member of Astronomy Ireland and the local Drogheda Astronomy club.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 10 months ago #17093 by albertw
Replied by albertw on topic Re: Sky at Night magazine
Hi,

Welcome! I've bought a couple of issues of the magazine, it does fill in a nice gap in the market of a magazine thats useful and interesting to everyone.

Cheers,
~Al

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

More
18 years 10 months ago #17098 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re: Sky at Night magazine
Hi,
I got the magazone a few months ago, just for the old sky at night episodes, as for the mag, its not what I'd be looking for, but its a good effort.

welcome on board BTW.

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

More
18 years 10 months ago #17099 by Keith g
Replied by Keith g on topic Re:
Yep, It's a great magazine, I have'nt got novembers one yet. By the way:

I live under the light polluted skies of Drogheda (Oh how I yearn for the dark skies of Bonmahon where I'm from).

Is this the bonmahon in waterford?, It's where I go imaging :D
Keith..

More
18 years 10 months ago #17106 by jeyjey
Replied by jeyjey on topic Re: Sky at Night magazine
Good to see someone else from the wee county online. I went to the last two Drogheda meetings out at Monasterboice -- were you there? (Kind of hard to tell who's who in the dark -- but I was the Yank with the American accent ;)

Cheers,
-- Jeff.

Nikon 18x70s / UA Millennium                              Colorado:
Solarscope SF70 / TV Pronto / AP400QMD             Coronado SolarMax40 DS / Bogen 055+3130
APM MC1610 / Tak FC-125 / AP1200GTO               Tak Mewlon 250 / AP600EGTO

More
18 years 10 months ago #17178 by Moe
Replied by Moe on topic Re: Sky at Night magazine
Hi Jeff,

Yes I remember talking to you briefly at the last Astronomy meeting I was at. Shame tonights was called off. Are you going to Millmount Sunday evening?

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds