K-Tec

Saturday Nights Observing!

• martinastro
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
18 years 9 months ago #19026 by martinastro
Replied by martinastro on topic Re: Saturday Nights Observing!
I was clouded all evening but amazingly the sky cleared around 20.00 so i uncovered the 16" and did my usual thing for 4 hours. I had a look at the veil Nebula and M42 were i could see really obvious bright pink, red and purple like colours at 57X..i have never seen M42 so colourful before..it was utterly stunning!!!!

The Gegenschein was also amazing and very elongated at 20*X10* and had now shifted noticeably eastward since the previous dark period. Look for it directly below M45..its amazing!

The Taurids are on the increase again and last night i was treated to a handsome number of orange/red slow earth grazers with long tails. Overall i had a great session. I found an extremely red star in Cygnus last night during my comet sweep in that region and couldnt believe just how red it was, of all the 1000,s of stars i seen that evening this one jumped out at me, i have never seen it before in that last 850 hours of patrolling so i must check starry night pro for further details. It would be along the lines of R Leporis and the Garnet star.

I hope its clear on Monday evening!

Martin Mc Kenna

coruscations attending the whole length of the luminosity, giving to the phenomena the aspect of a wrathful messenger, and not that of a tranquil body pursuing a harmless course..comet of 1680

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 9 months ago #19029 by LUNAtic
Replied by LUNAtic on topic Re: Saturday Nights Observing!
Great report Martin, thanks for sharing it with us. It's been a beautifully clear day all day down here, I hope it stays that way!

Neil

Bear up and keep Ploughing on...

• martinastro
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
18 years 9 months ago #19032 by martinastro
Thanks Neil...have a good one!

Martin Mc Kenna

coruscations attending the whole length of the luminosity, giving to the phenomena the aspect of a wrathful messenger, and not that of a tranquil body pursuing a harmless course..comet of 1680

More
18 years 9 months ago #19044 by Keith g
Replied by Keith g on topic Re:
Time to get a wizard's hat for Christmas Martin if we all are now to call you 'almanac'

:P :D :idea:

Keith..

• martinastro
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
18 years 9 months ago #19051 by martinastro
LOL LOL LOL LOL thats just what i need, the neighbours think im nuts as it is wihout adding a wizards hat. :D

Martin Mc Kenna

More
18 years 9 months ago #19054 by Keith g
Replied by Keith g on topic Re:
:D :D :D

Keith..

Time to create page: 0.111 seconds