K-Tec

Beijing nightsky

More
18 years 9 months ago #19412 by nosmo
Beijing nightsky was created by nosmo
Good evening from darky Beijing.
Just arrive here today - comments earlier regarding shanghai apply here only worse. It minus 5 degrees and there was some blue sky in the daytime but no stars tonight even tho the temperature indicates no cloud cover.
Regarding the ethics of pollution - we western consumers want cheap DVD players, plasma TVs, and clothes from Next and debenhams - and cheap telescopes and lenses. This is the price the locals pay to meet our cost requirements and that we pay in the long run for global warming. 40% of green house gases originate in this area and the trend is up.
The recycled washing machine parts and material which maybe cost people in ROI €40(same for NI and UK consumers after march next year) could well end up here.
Sorry this post a little off - topic but the core issue is relevant to the long term impact on the pastime we enjoy. I say pastime because that what it is for me - an occasional hobby and interest. We should be more passionate about the environmental implications but probably we too lazy to do anything. I am - too busy with other things so somebody else shoiuld fix it for me.
We all get the politicians we deserve - we voted for them.

Nosmo king

Whatever you say, say nothin'

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.098 seconds