K-Tec

Connacht Star Party,Galway,Jan 2006 Speakers & Talks

• galwayskywatchers
  • Topic Author
  • Main Sequence
  • Main Sequence
More
18 years 8 months ago #21479 by galwayskywatchers
Replied by galwayskywatchers on topic Re: Connacht Star Party,Galway,Jan 2006 Speakers & Talks
Connacht Star Party hi-res PDF poster now online at

www.irishastronomy.org/user_resources/fi...348-cps%20poster.pdf

Ronan Newman
www.galwayastronomyclub.ie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• galwayskywatchers
  • Topic Author
  • Main Sequence
  • Main Sequence
More
18 years 8 months ago #22051 by galwayskywatchers
Replied by galwayskywatchers on topic Re: Connacht Star Party,Galway,Jan 2006 Speakers & Talks
Anyone looking for B&B/ GUEST HOUSE accomadation in Galway close to Connacht Starparty can see an extensive list on our website,
www.galwayastronomyclub.ie

Ronan Newman

More
18 years 7 months ago #22483 by Sizzzzzle
Hi,

each time the galway star party is on I have wanted to go to it but always had something on, but this year I think I am free on the saturday. Wooohooo!

So does one just turn up on saturday morning? Or is there need to book in beforehand.

Also my family very nicely lied about all the Lidl scopes been gone when they got to the shop, bought one, and hid it from me till Christmas, so I have a nice new Meade scope :)

Took it out one night, and well couldnt see anything in it, Everything was all blurry, hazy. I think there might be something wrong with the focusing.

I am looking for some nice kind Galway based scope expert to help me out, and sort the thing out so that I can use it, dont want to take up too much of anyones time. If anyone would like to volunteer, let me know:)

Sizzzzzle

More
18 years 7 months ago #22486 by Seanie_Morris

Took it out one night, and well couldnt see anything in it, Everything was all blurry, hazy. I think there might be something wrong with the focusing.

Try it again, but this time turn the mirror flip lever - its a silver 'button' in the side of the focuser. See if anything happens...

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
18 years 7 months ago #22501 by dmcdona
You might be best joining GAC... Someone there could help you out one-on-one. Or use these boards - usually things can be sorted out by text...

Cheers

Dave

More
18 years 7 months ago #22513 by Matthew C
Ronan Newman is your guy! He is very involved in the GAC and he is very knowledgable when it comes to this type of stuff! His username is GALWAYSKYWATCHERS! Or you could just bring it to the starparty! Ronan will be there and alot of other experienced astronomers! The exact same thing happened to me! my parents lied to me about the scopes being gone in lidl! Christmas day and there was the Skylux! 'Surprise'! :lol:
Matthew Cahill

We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time. . . .
T. S. Eliot
A wise man....

Time to create page: 0.119 seconds