Web site update

• dmcdona
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
18 years 8 months ago #20961 by dmcdona
Web site update was created by dmcdona
Folks - just a quick FYI. I have been updating my website for yonks and finally got finished over the xmas break. I've more images to add but would appreciate any feedback.

Cheers

Dave McD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• DaveGrennan
  • IFAS Astronomer of the Year 2010
  • IFAS Astronomer of the Year 2010
More
18 years 8 months ago #20972 by DaveGrennan
Replied by DaveGrennan on topic Re: Web site update
Well done Dave thats a good looking site! Might I suggest you avoid using mailto: as you'll end up with tonnes of spam. Better to use a feedback form.

I've put a link to your site in my links section. BTW anyone else got a site I can include?

Regards and Clear Skies,

Dave.
J41 - Raheny Observatory.
www.webtreatz.com
Equipment List here

More
18 years 8 months ago #20977 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Web site update
Good idea about the linking, must do the same for TAS's site.

Your Events page needs to be updated. ;)

I reckon you should add a link on your Welcome page to your Supernova confirmation (and include your article that you wrote), as it is still (relatively) big news, and a credit to you. IMO, it wouldn't appear anal at all! :)

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
18 years 8 months ago #20985 by voyager
Replied by voyager on topic Re: Web site update
Looks good. I'm a big fan of the KISS principle, clear, well laid out websites without needless bells and whistles are by far the easiest to use and the nicest to look at, well done!

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

• dmcdona
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
18 years 8 months ago #20990 by dmcdona
Replied by dmcdona on topic Re: Web site update
Cheers folks - appreciate the positive feedback.

Dave G - I like getting email about extending bodily parts :lol: In fairness, I have a spam filter and I rarely get more than one dodgy mail every other day. Maybe I'm just lucky. Or not... :wink: And thanks for linking in - appreciate it. I think you're webtreatz.com? Let me know and I'll return the favour.

Seanie - link for the SN article is on the home page - not very clear I guess - I'll jazz it up a bit. I still get a lot of hits on the SN image so I guess you're right that folks are still interested. And you're dead right about the events page. I kinda let it go while I was doing the redesign. But now I have it sorted, I'll be putting in info for all events as they arise.

Bart - I use the KISS principle 'cos I don't have the time I'm afraid! But I'd agree totally with you - the best sites are the simplest ones.

On a final note, there's a few other images to go in - especially some of my later ones which are big improvements on what's there - whoever said astrophotography was a steep learning curve underestimated it... I've been at it nearly twoyears now and I'm still learning :D

Cheers again

Dave

More
18 years 8 months ago #21001 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re: Web site update
Its a good site Dave.
The images of the scope and mount are just amazing! :shock:
I reckon you could bolt on a deck chair to the top of the mount and sit in it holding binoculars, goto binoculars. :lol:

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

Time to create page: 0.120 seconds