Web site update

• dmcdona
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
18 years 8 months ago #21008 by dmcdona
Replied by dmcdona on topic Re: Web site update
Dave - as it happens, that's my next project. I have sourced a Losmandy Dovetail plate specifically designed for the B&Q deluxe deckchair.

I'm currently waiting for Astro-Physics to supply an extension cable for the GTO keypad so I can slew whilst in the chair.

Oh, and Kendrick supply a 22" dewheater. I've order four to attach to the base of the deckchair for a lovely warm bum. No harm in pandering to comfort...

The second stage of the project is to purchase ACP (observatory programme). I can then script in a whole night's observing, hit the 'go' button and I'll be automatically slewed to each object for a period of 5 minutes. I'll build in coffee breaks too.

Happy days

Dave

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 8 months ago #21010 by voyager
Replied by voyager on topic Re: Web site update
Actually, I have another wee suggestion, in the gallery could you make the images clickable as well as just the text beneath them? I keep on clicking on the images and nothing happenes!

Bart.

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

• dmcdona
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
18 years 8 months ago #21015 by dmcdona
Replied by dmcdona on topic Re: Web site update
Thanks Bart - I'll do that. It was on a list if things to do... :D

More
18 years 8 months ago #21017 by eansbro
Replied by eansbro on topic Re: Web site update
Hi Dave,

Congratulations on the website, I found it easy to use and quick to get through. Couldn't find any problems except the outdated events section, understand that this is been addressed.

BTW regarding you mentioning the 22 inch Kendrick Dew Zappers for your bum. I have found something else that is at a fraction of the price and would be even hotter for your bum..

I needed one, not for my bum that would cover a wider area for my mirror and to my surprise I found them unexpectedly at Lidls in Sligo It cost 12 euros. It has a control box with cut off temperature and selected scale of temperatures. It actually is meant to be a small pillow warmer.
I have tried it out during the Xmas and it has solved my dew problem.

You never know what potential astro accessories are out there as substitutes.

Eamonn A

More
18 years 8 months ago #21078 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Web site update

Seanie - link for the SN article is on the home page - not very clear I guess - I'll jazz it up a bit. I still get a lot of hits on the SN image so I guess you're right that folks are still interested.

I saw the link within the menu on the left, but as a page-by-page link menu, its one of the last. You should make it one of the first.

Seanie.

Edited P.S. -> I see you've added it to your Welcome page. Slot in a thumbnail too!

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds