K-Tec

Moderators Wanted for GENERAL boards - January 2006

• voyager
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
18 years 8 months ago #21327 by voyager
OK folks, I'm starting the process of re-assigning moderators to the boards.

The way this is going ot work is that rather than having one moderator per board there will be a group of 2-3 moderators assigned to a group of boards. The idea then is that each time there is an issue the first moderator to see the problem takes the lead on that case and then gets backup as needed from the other mods. The reason for clustering the boards is that if there is only one moderator per board then if that person is not online nothing can happen, hence, having three mods per board. However, it woudl be a nightmare to have to appoint three moderators to each board so instead I am appointing three moderators to groups of boards.

To test out my idea and to get any bugs out of the system I'm going to start with the main cluster of boards, the ones under the heading "General" on the board index. I.e.:

- General
- Cosmology & Physics
- Computers in Astronomy
- Space Exploration and Technology

Feedback and Links are also in that group but they are special boards and I will deal with them separately.

So, what I am looking for is volunteers to be join the group that will moderate ALL those boards. Those who wish to put their name forward should PM me a _SHORT_ message stating why they would like to moderate the boards and any experience they have that would be helpful. I am _NOT_ looking for your life story! Just a paragraph is fine and absolutely positively nothing over 200 words!!!

From this list of volunteers I will pick three peopel to serve as "provisional" moderators pending approval by the IFAS committee meeting at COSMOS. Don't worry if you don't get picked for these boards, I will be looking for volunteers for other categories one by one as I fill the previous ones.

Cheers,

Bart B.,
IFAS Webmaster.

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.102 seconds