• MarkCahill
  • Topic Author
  • Proto Star
  • Proto Star
More
18 years 8 months ago #21770 by MarkCahill
Could be interesting !!!

Space Tourists
From eccentric entrepreneurs to billionaire businessmen like Richard Branson the race is on to turn space tourism into a reality.
Thursday 12 Jan, 9pm BBC Two

www.bbc.co.uk/sn/tvradio/programmes/horizon/index.shtml

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 8 months ago #21794 by dmcdona
Cheers Mark - there's another Beeb prog on on Sunday about the woman who did the research on DNA. See www.astroshack.net/events.php .

(Shameless plug, I know... But I think some of the folks here like the idea of a rolling 'events' board - so you might want to bookmark it. I'm reasonably good at updating it :D )

Cheers

Dave

More
18 years 8 months ago #21814 by ei5fk
Replied by ei5fk on topic Good show
Well worth watching Mark, for one that watches little or no television I enjoyed that.....now I wonder where I can get a hold of €200.000
Charles

More
18 years 8 months ago #21815 by dmcdona
Charles/Mark - very enjoyable but it was a tinged with a little sadness for the folks who didn't get theirs off the ground...

Is a few minutes in suborbital space worth a couple of hundred grand though? Especially with the risk - the likelhood of something going is probably slim but the consequences are pretty certain...

Thanks for the notification!

Cheers

Dave

More
18 years 8 months ago #21816 by voyager
Cheers for the heads up on this. Watched it and liked it. It was not all "oooh this is going to be great" but a lot mroe realistic and it stated very clearly that is it not a matter of IF there are fatalities but WHEN there are fatalities.

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

More
18 years 8 months ago #21824 by ctr
I enjoyed it though I was hoping the geek would do it even though I knew he didn't.

Good Show

Each of us is here on earth for a reason, and each of us has a special mission to carry out - Maria Shriver

Time to create page: 0.108 seconds