Tonights Observing

• martinastro
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
18 years 7 months ago #22658 by martinastro
Tonights Observing was created by martinastro
Just in from a great session. Sky cleared up big time for 45mins. With the 16" i did some comet hunting examining the beautiful starfields within the Milkyway in Lacerta, Cygnus, Cepheus, Canis Major and Orion. Did some deep sky observing..M31, M32, M110, M52, M39, NGC404, M33 with bright HII region, NGC1999, M42, M43, Running Man Neb, M78, M41, Epsilon Lyrae, Beta Cygni. Seen one nice meteor and the evening pass of the ISS. tried for the Horse head Nebula (B33) but the sky was just not trans enough although i did see the reflection neb near it.

Beautiful dry cold night with scattered high level slow grey west moving clouds which turned overcast there now. I just checked the aurora charts and WOW..bright brown oval over us now, KP RED and at 5. Go out now if your lucky enough to be clear!!!

All best

Martin Mc Kenna

coruscations attending the whole length of the luminosity, giving to the phenomena the aspect of a wrathful messenger, and not that of a tranquil body pursuing a harmless course..comet of 1680

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 7 months ago #22659 by Eirikg
Replied by Eirikg on topic Re: Tonights Observing
i was planning to go out tonight, but still kind of "misty" outside, like greyish clounds. So i did some observation inside :D found a site with all M objects (all pictures with small description), know what to look for now ;)

• martinastro
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
18 years 7 months ago #22660 by martinastro
Replied by martinastro on topic Re: Tonights Observing
Weather looks to be good and clear tonight and tomorow Erik so i hope you get a shot at that list then! :D

lets us know

Martin Mc Kenna

coruscations attending the whole length of the luminosity, giving to the phenomena the aspect of a wrathful messenger, and not that of a tranquil body pursuing a harmless course..comet of 1680

More
18 years 7 months ago #22727 by Keith g
Replied by Keith g on topic Re:
What a night Martin, I got a shot of Orion, best photo session in a long time.
3 cheers for high pressure systems......

Keith....

More
18 years 7 months ago #22735 by Eirikg
Replied by Eirikg on topic Re: Tonights Observing
tonight was much better! :D

Could make out much more of m42's mist. Had a look at some m objects, mostly clusters.

Tried andromenda galexy :S only some faint mist (though that was supposed to be easy to make out, maybe i was at the wrong spot, was just after ive brought it out(maybe only 10 min to cool down) and done easy align)

"piggybacked" my camera on the scope, it sat pretty good for just beeing balanced on the scope and eyepiece adapter as support.

Here is a image i got that way

8 sec exposure, contrast up in photoshop and removed noise with Neat image (damn thats good) Camera seemes to be focusing right here also :)

When i came back outside, the batteries were dead.. well well im hoping for just as good conditions tomorrow :D

More
18 years 7 months ago #22746 by Keith g
Replied by Keith g on topic Re:

well well im hoping for just as good conditions tomorrow Very Happy

Me too! :D

Time to create page: 0.120 seconds