• albertw
  • Topic Author
  • IFAS Secretary
  • IFAS Secretary
More
18 years 7 months ago #23918 by albertw
Wanted: New Web folks was created by albertw
Hi folks,

As you'll have seen, Bart, our webmaster has decided to step down. Bart has been the webmaster of irishastronomy.org since day 1, prior to that IFAS online was a small yahoo email group. How things have changed!

This means that we now need someone to take over or perhaps even a group of people! So we are asking for volunteers.

If you would be interested in being a webmaster (or webmistress!) for the site then please drop me a pm/email and include a few words about yourself telling me about your web related skills. We aren’t just looking for coders, if your speciality happens to be in graphics or design or something else you think could be useful let us know.

I'm not going to list any technical requirements here. We'll see what sort of skills you good people have before making any hard decisions. (Though since the current site is mainly php that would be a bonus!)

Please let me know if you are interested as soon as possible, say Tuesday at the latest. There has been some great work going on here regarding redesigning the site and I'd like to keep that momentup up.

Cheers,
~Albert

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 7 months ago #23921 by darragh
Replied by darragh on topic Re: Wanted: New Web folks
Albert,

Myself, David Power, and hopefully Seanie Morris ( if he ever gets up from bed ) would like to form a new web group.

Both Sean and David are professional web designers having a portfolio of sites to chose from.

I am a full-time programmer, I have worked at Propylon for 2.5 years and before that, in Sun for 18 months.

Seanie and David would look after the web content/design of the site, and I would look after the infrastructure and doing any coding required.

Our goal for the website, is that it would improve astronomy in Ireland by providing, aggregating and disseminating information.

Regards

Darragh

• albertw
  • Topic Author
  • IFAS Secretary
  • IFAS Secretary
More
18 years 7 months ago #23922 by albertw
Replied by albertw on topic Re: Wanted: New Web folks

Myself, David Power, and hopefully Seanie Morris ( if he ever gets up from bed ) would like to form a new web group.

Cool. Folks, just email me a bit about your skills.

Cheers,
~Al

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

Time to create page: 0.100 seconds