FYI - installing merge topic modification tonight

• voyager
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
18 years 3 months ago #28550 by voyager
Hi all,

I'm installing a modification to the boards tonight to allow moderators to merge like-minded topics together. This will help them keep the boards clean and clutter free, and will make it easier for people to avoid things they don't care about.

This mod would of course not be necessary if people re-used their old threads on the same topics instead of always starting new ones, hence I'd like to remind all posters that it is exceptionally bad manners to pointlessly start new posts and it is also wasteful on IFAS bandwidth as new topics result in a lot of emails being sent. Not pointlessly starting new topics will also save people from being overwhelmed by spam and starting to ignore the emails from these boards which would be a bad thing.

Anyhow, there may be some down time this evening when I do this installation. For those of you interested this is the modification I'll be installing: www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=149057

Bart.

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• voyager
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
18 years 3 months ago #28590 by voyager
This is now installed .... it's not quite as user friendly for the moderators as it could be but it does work which is the important thing!

Bart.

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

More
18 years 3 months ago #28593 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: FYI - installing merge topic modification tonight
I successfully merged the two aforementioned topics that lead to this being installed. Thanks for the modification installation Bart.

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Time to create page: 0.105 seconds