K-Tec

Podcast - Volunteers wanted to test possible new site/feed

• voyager
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
18 years 2 months ago #30090 by voyager
Some people have been having problems with the current podcast website and feed and since the software I'm using ot generate it sucks the big one I've set up a potential new system and I just need some volunteers to make sure everything is working right before I switch over to this system for real.

Can I get people to see if they can use the new website at: blogs.irishastronomy.org/?cat=3

And can I get some volunteers to set their podcast software to use the feed: blogs.irishastronomy.org/?feed=rss2

to verify that all 4 episodes are showing up correctly this way.

Thanks in advance!

P.S.
The Jully edition will be out soon but it will be a shorter edition that the last few because I'm spending time getting the site right that I would normally spend recording and editing.

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 2 months ago #30095 by ftodonoghue
Bart

Tested out feed in ipodder...seems to work fine

had a brief look at site..all seems to work ok

Cheers
Trevor

More
18 years 2 months ago #30100 by dmcdona
Hi Bart - everything displays OK but when I click on the mp3 file, I only get the first few seconds of the podcast. I tried episodes 4, 3 and 2....

They worked in the past....

Cheers

Dave

• voyager
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
18 years 2 months ago #30101 by voyager

Hi Bart - everything displays OK but when I click on the mp3 file, I only get the first few seconds of the podcast. I tried episodes 4, 3 and 2....

They worked in the past....

Cheers

Dave

Is this because your client is buffering too slowly or becasue the file are incomplete? Did you download the files or play them straight from the web?

More
18 years 2 months ago #30102 by dmcdona
Hi Bart - they played the first few secs straight away then stopped. But it seemed as though more data was being buffered. But when I hit play again (Quicktime within Firefox) it didn't play a longer piece...

If I do a 'save target as' it all works tickety boo...

Odd...

Cheers
Dave

• voyager
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
18 years 2 months ago #30103 by voyager

Hi Bart - they played the first few secs straight away then stopped. But it seemed as though more data was being buffered. But when I hit play again (Quicktime within Firefox) it didn't play a longer piece...

If I do a 'save target as' it all works tickety boo...

Odd...

Cheers
Dave

In that case it seems like your Quicktime is having problems. If they are complete when downloaded then there's nothing wrong with the files so all is well from my point of view!

Time to create page: 0.119 seconds