Need a lift!!!

• phil18ie
  • Topic Author
  • Proto Star
  • Proto Star
More
17 years 11 months ago #34317 by phil18ie
Need a lift!!! was created by phil18ie
I am hoping to get along to the observing session on Friday if conditions are right. Is there anyone from the Dublin 24 area that are going. My car is in for service and won;t have it until Sunday. I 've been waiting anxiously to see the orionids. So if anyone is heading along to the South Dublin Astronomy Society observing event on Friday pplease post a reply. I'll make it up by throwning in a few bob!!!!!!!! But not at taxi rates ok!!!!!!
If it gets the green light it is being held in Cloon wood, not far from Enniskerry.

Philip

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 11 months ago #34319 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Need a lift!!!
*moved to General from FOR SALE...* tut-tut Phillip!

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
17 years 11 months ago #34338 by Silversurfer
Replied by Silversurfer on topic Re: Need a lift!!!
Philip,
I work in Tallaght and will be going to the SDAS observing night if the weather permits- however looking very doubtful at present.
PM me with your mobile and I'll call to make arrangements.

Martin

You can lead a horse to water but a pencil must be lead

More
17 years 11 months ago #34343 by johnflannery
Replied by johnflannery on topic Re: Need a lift!!!
Hi Philip/Martin,

Forecast is a bit iffy unfortunately but we'll have a better idea on the morrow. The Orionids would be better on Saturday night as that's night of maximum ... the radiant isn't at a useful altitude 'til around midnight so observing that shower necessitates a trip out around the witching hour.

I'll send around a mail to everyone later with updates (also want to mention a change of date for the November meeting as the original date falls during mid-term break in the school).

Talk to you later,

john

Time to create page: 0.112 seconds