K-Tec

You are listening to Foggy Bottom Radio

More
17 years 9 months ago #37633 by jhoare
The news at one minute to midnight, brought to you by Foggy Bottom Radio, broadcasting from the heart of Foggy Bottom, formerly known as Kildare. Visibility is 10 to 20 metres.

Today's power outage was brought to you by ESB, your local electricity supply company. A spokesman for ESB said that there will be no additional charge for this new customer benefit, first introduced in parts of the country yesterday morning. Here in Foggy Bottom we enjoyed our second power outage from 17:25 to 18:20 today, following on from yesterday's successful outage from 16:40 to 17:45. Some motorists applauded ESB on both occasions for the opportunity they had to use complex motorway interchanges during the evening rush hour in freezing fog and complete darkness except for the dimmed lights of other vehicles sharing the road.

In other news, a Killarney Primary School today claimed the Guinness World Record for the most Christmas Cards exchanged in a single minute. Reporters said that the kids may also have broken the records for screaming and shouting as they were worked into a frenzy by Santa Claus.

Further afield, Hilary O'Hagan, editor of The New York Dog and The Hollywood Dog magazines, has announced that former pop princess Britney Spears was voted the World's Worst Celebrity Dog Owner in this year's online poll. Last year's winner Paris Hilton, the young woman who thinks she's a French hotel, came in second.

Visibility is now 5 to 10 metres and falling, put your telescopes away. It's one minute past midnight. You are listening to Foggy Bottom Radio, broadcasting from Foggy Bottom, formerly known as Kildare, Europe's low visibility capital.

John

Better that old people should die of talk than to have young people die in war.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 9 months ago #37651 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: You are listening to Foggy Bottom Radio
Love it John, well done! :D When is the live podcast coming out?

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
17 years 9 months ago #37654 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re: You are listening to Foggy Bottom Radio
Gosh John, me thinks the fog is to you :wink: I love it :lol:

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

Time to create page: 0.102 seconds