"*^&%&% Weather

• lunartic_old
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
17 years 8 months ago #38906 by lunartic_old
"*^&%&% Weather was created by lunartic_old
I was woken during the night by the sound of the rain being lashed off the bedroom window, another beautiful night by the sound of it :roll:

I left the house at six o'clock to go to work and I'm delighted to be greeted by the sight of a brilliant clear sky, even from suburban Dublin, and the waning gibbous moon hanging beautifully overhead.

As the day wore on the sun shone bright and as the afternoon came on it still looked good. I was looking forward to dragging out the 25x100 binos for some deep-sky work.

Soon after the sun set, the clouds began to gather and within half an hour of sunset the sky is almost overcast. By the time I get home, around six, there's no chance of any observing. Listening to the radio the weather report tells me that more rain is on the way :cry:

I know in Ireland that we're used to bad weather, but this is absolutely ridiculous :evil: , if I had the means I'd pack the family up and ship out to Florida or Australia in an instant.

I've been observing for more than fifteen years and I can't honestly remember the weather being this bad over such a prolonged period of time.

Sorry about the rant, but I feel I'm coming down with cabin fever. :?

Paul

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

Rich Cook

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 8 months ago #38908 by voyager
Replied by voyager on topic Re: "*^&%&% Weather
I hear ya .... I had my mind set on catching this comet but as soon as sunset was getting near the clouds filled the Western horizon and messed up any chance of seeing it :(

Man I hope things start to clear up soon!

Bart.

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

More
17 years 8 months ago #38946 by SunCrazy
Replied by SunCrazy on topic Re: "*^&%&% Weather
well brace yourselves as it is not gonna get much better....

uk.news.yahoo.com/11012007/323/weird-win...ns-warm-puzzled.html

it seems also- so it says in the article - that wet and warm winters will be the norm in the following years :cry:

and so the dust gathers on my tripod....( the rest is packed in well to prevent damage from dust)....

and of course as always ... the Sun shines during the day in the week... come the weekend and it will be raining during the day as well :evil:
So the tripod of my solarscope gathers dust as well....

hmm..hold on...maybe we should resort to sacrifices to the weathergods...

More
17 years 8 months ago #38951 by jhoare
Replied by jhoare on topic Re: "*^&%&% Weather
Have you anyone in mind?
:lol:

John

Better that old people should die of talk than to have young people die in war.

More
17 years 8 months ago #38955 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: "*^&%&% Weather
Dave MacDonald could be a worthy one, what with the recent IFAS award and all. Surely the pagan Sun gods will take notice of him? Otherwise, Anthony the Greek, because that Zorba keeps taking the sun away from us - it's almost always sunny over there!

:P

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
17 years 8 months ago #38960 by stepryan
Replied by stepryan on topic Re: "*^&%&% Weather
the weather does not look good. being optimistic though the meteireann site says there maybe frost saturday night which would imply some clear skies. also if you look at this link:-

pages.unibas.ch/geo/mcr/3d/meteo/seeing/nmm22/index.htm

i notice for saturday over dublin they are forecasting clear skies for about 8 to 10 pm. i suppose all we can do is hope.

Time to create page: 0.131 seconds