We`re growing!

• Matthew C
  • Topic Author
  • Red Giant
  • Red Giant
More
17 years 7 months ago #39842 by Matthew C
We`re growing! was created by Matthew C
Not in the literal sense! :D This website is really getting loads of hits every day! ive been on the computer ALOT recently! i noticed just today that 6 or 7 new members joined! and another day i looked at who was online! me,2 other registered members and 22 GUESTS! I know some were members not logged on but STILL! It great to see it! PS YAY CLEAR SKIES!

We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time. . . .
T. S. Eliot
A wise man....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 7 months ago #39883 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: We`re growing!
Now, don't get too excited Matthew! Apparently, even searchbots come up as a guest. So, someone looking for something in Yahoo or Google, and get a page of search results, if any of them relate to this site, then that is a 'guest'.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
17 years 7 months ago #39884 by voyager
Replied by voyager on topic Re: We`re growing!

Now, don't get too excited Matthew! Apparently, even searchbots come up as a guest. So, someone looking for something in Yahoo or Google, and get a page of search results, if any of them relate to this site, then that is a 'guest'.

OK ... not to get too technical but that's not how search engines work! At the time that a user makes a request Yahoo or Google ONLY search their index, they don't go round the web in real-time. That would be physically impossible!

What they have are robots called 'web crawlers' which are programs that follow links around the web storing the metadata of every page they find as they go. This is how the index builds up. So, when you see 20 guests what that usually means is that one of those web crawlers is on it's way through the site.

However, we are constantly getting new members who are choosing to contribute so we are definitely growing and I for one am very proud of how the site is developing.

Bart.

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

More
17 years 7 months ago #39913 by michaeloconnell
Replied by michaeloconnell on topic Re: We`re growing!

However, we are constantly getting new members who are choosing to contribute so we are definitely growing and I for one am very proud of how the site is developing.
Bart.

Couldn't agree more!

More
17 years 7 months ago #39920 by SunCrazy
Replied by SunCrazy on topic Re: We`re growing!
WOW ... you might even have more members per capita on population :twisted:

Time to create page: 0.109 seconds