K-Tec

making beer while the sun doesn't shine.....

• nectarine
  • Topic Author
  • IFAS Treasurer
  • IFAS Treasurer
More
17 years 2 months ago #48145 by nectarine
This is absolutely nowt to do with Astronomy at all, but considering the weather we're having lately, it could be a worthwhile new hobby to take up....
My Dad's been making wine & beer for the past 40 years or so (and damn good it is too even if I say so myself). Unfortunately, he's finding it harder & harder lately to find suppliers of home brew kits etc - does anyone of know of suppliers in Ireland who deliver nationwide. Doesn't have to be local, anywhere in Ireland will do, especially if they have a website.
Please please don't let us run out of alcohol, especially with the weather as it's the only thing getting me through these cloudy days :-)
Bernie

Bernie Foley
IFAS Treasurer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 2 months ago #48146 by albertw
You might have more luck asking over at www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=598

Cheers!

~Al

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

• DaveGrennan
  • IFAS Astronomer of the Year 2010
  • IFAS Astronomer of the Year 2010
More
17 years 2 months ago #48169 by DaveGrennan
Replied by DaveGrennan on topic Re: making beer while the sun doesn't shine.....
So what are we all doing while the weather has been rubbish and the nights short???

I've taken up online combat flight simulation again. I was big into this a few years back and its nice to have to time to dig into it again.

I fly this sim;

www.pacific-fighters.com/en/home.php

heres a good video showing a bit of action;

Also dug out some of my old aircraft scale model kits and been building a few of those. Well gotta be doing something while astronomy is off the menu.

So what are the rest of ye doing??

Regards and Clear Skies,

Dave.
J41 - Raheny Observatory.
www.webtreatz.com
Equipment List here

More
17 years 2 months ago #48170 by albertw

Playing Thief: The Dark Project because someone told me it was good - I'm not convinced yet. Turning up ridiculously early to Shamrock Rovers matches to get displays organised (but they look good even if the smoke machine was broken; 5000+ fans helps too). Looking up nightcourses because now that the masters is done I feel the need to go learn something again - woodcarving perhaps. Marathon training - an infectious neurological disorder which makes running home from work seem a rational idea.

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

More
17 years 2 months ago #48171 by Frank Ryan
Replied by Frank Ryan on topic Re: making beer while the sun doesn't shine.....

Two words.
Stella Artois.
:D

My Astrophotography
Shannonside Astronomy Club __________________________________________
Meade ETX-125PE, Bresser 10 x 50 Binos & Me Peepers

More
17 years 2 months ago #48182 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: making beer while the sun doesn't shine.....

Marathon training - an infectious neurological disorder which makes running home from work seem a rational idea.

Min has my sympathies... ;)

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Time to create page: 0.115 seconds