• lunartic_old
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
17 years 1 month ago #49351 by lunartic_old
If I had the money... was created by lunartic_old
Hey all

Just for fun, let's say your aunt Maud has passed on and leaves you five million in her will, after all, you were her favourite relative. What piece(s) of astro equipment are you going to buy?

For me it's a house in a darker location, an observatory out the back and an AP Starfire 160 on a Mach1 GTO mount. A Coronado 90mm solar scope and every Nagler made. Plus a little something for the wife, just to keep her sweet :wink:

Aw well, I may as well dream here as in bed. :roll:

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

Rich Cook

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 1 month ago #49353 by ftodonoghue
Replied by ftodonoghue on topic Re: If I had the money...
A house in the darkest location and a warehouse with a roll off roof to house the biggest dob money can buy and the portable escalator to lift me up to the eyepiece.

Cheers
Trevor

More
17 years 1 month ago #49355 by ayiomamitis
Replied by ayiomamitis on topic Re: If I had the money...
Dear Aunt Maud,

I am so sorry to see you go but thanks a lot for the dough you left behind just for me. We both know you (and I) can't take it with us when the fateful day comes. To this end, I will put the five million to really good use by ....

(1) hiring Seanie to look after my observatory including sweeping and mopping the floors as well as casting spells on oncoming clouds (or signs thereof)

(2) hire a couple of 20 year-old Russian babes as my personal assistants

(3) locate and purchase a large property in Hawaii under pristine skies and seeing

(4) acquire a couple of 32" RC's with mounts and CCD cameras

(5) acquire 5-10 top-of-the-line computers (desktop and laptop units) to address my processing and surfing needs

(6) acquire a nice house beside the observatory to accomodate your faithful nephew and his two assistants from (2) above

(7) item (6) will include a nice pool for your faithful nephew and his two assistants from (2) above

That is about it .... very humble and brief .... and thanks again! :lol:

Anthony Ayiomamitis
Athens, Greece
www.perseus.gr

More
17 years 1 month ago #49357 by michaeloconnell
Replied by michaeloconnell on topic Re: If I had the money...
:P :P

More
17 years 1 month ago #49359 by ayiomamitis
Replied by ayiomamitis on topic Re: If I had the money...
PS. Free ANNUAL roundtrip tickets to all of my buddies on Irish Astro to come to Hawaii ... to see Seanie working. :P

Anthony Ayiomamitis
Athens, Greece
www.perseus.gr

More
17 years 1 month ago #49360 by michaeloconnell
Replied by michaeloconnell on topic Re: If I had the money...

PS. Free ANNUAL roundtrip tickets to all of my buddies on Irish Astro to come to Hawaii ... to see Seanie working. :P

Now THAT would be money well spent...always a first time for everything. :wink:

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds