Special Olympics World Summer Games starts today

• johnflannery
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
16 years 11 months ago #51894 by johnflannery
Hi all,

Not quite astronomy but a very important item I think.

The Special Olympics World Summer Games opened today in Shanghai, China. The Irish team are looking forward to an enjoyable and wonderful experience along with their support team and nearly 200 volunteers who have also travelled.

The Ian Dempsey Breakfast Show will be broadcast live from Shanghai between 7am and 9am all day this week.

On TV -- Tuesday, October 2nd at 7pm on RTE 2 (Highlights from Opening Ceremony) and Monday, October 15th at 8.30pm on RTE 2 (Highlights from the Special Olympics World Summer Games)

The 2003 Games in Dublin is particularly memorable for me as I was asked to be one of the four volunteers who raised the Olympic Flag in Croke Park at the Opening Ceremony -- a special moment I'll never forget.

Wishing the Irish team the best of luck and have fun!

John Flannery
SDAS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 11 months ago #51895 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Special Olympics World Summer Games starts today
*Moved to the General forum*

Best of luck to the Guys and Gals in Green!

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
16 years 11 months ago #51911 by ctr
I know a few athletes going and I wish them all well.

Each of us is here on earth for a reason, and each of us has a special mission to carry out - Maria Shriver

Time to create page: 0.106 seconds