• lunartic_old
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
16 years 11 months ago #52492 by lunartic_old
God definitely has a sense of humour. was created by lunartic_old
Hey all.

Einstein said that "God does not play dice with the universe." This may be true, but He has a wicked sense of humour. I was due to bring my scope down to the scouts on Friday night, naturally it was totally clouded over :roll: . If Saturday night was clear I would pop down, now this is where God decides to get humourous, Saturday night is indeed clear, unfortunately He also decides that Saturday would be a good day to infect me with a virus that lays me out.

Just to prove what a fun guy He is, the three street lights that surround my house have all gone on the blink, now before you think it, it wasn't me, swear :lol: . The virus has me all out of whack, the temptation to venture out is great, it's the closest I'll get to a country feel from my back garden, but the fear of a relapse is too great, so I'm grounded :cry: . The lights have been out for two nights now, last night was clear too, naturally.

I couldn't sleep last night so I went downstairs and looked out the back garden at around 3am, and the sight was wonderful, dark clear skies, Orion hanging just over the neighbour's roof and Gemini just off his right shoulder. Mars was clearly visible, but to me it looked yellow more than red. I stayed there for a couple of minutes before the cold drove me back inside. Look what I was missing out on.

I know that God will play His final funny card when He gets the virus out of my body at the same time that the ESB come to fix the lights. Anyone want to take a bet on this?

So, if you hear any rumblings in the sky any time soon, it's not thunder, it's God laughing at my expense.

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

Rich Cook

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 11 months ago #52504 by Frank Ryan
Replied by Frank Ryan on topic Re: God definitely has a sense of humour.
Sorry to hear you are ill Paul.
But at the same time I'm glad that this kinda crap happens to other people,
so it's not just me that has the bad luck!

Get well soon.

My Astrophotography
Shannonside Astronomy Club __________________________________________
Meade ETX-125PE, Bresser 10 x 50 Binos & Me Peepers

More
16 years 11 months ago #52513 by madhatter93
Replied by madhatter93 on topic Re: God definitely has a sense of humour.
Hey Paul,

Sorry to hear you are sick :(

But that is a funny story

Madhatter

More
16 years 11 months ago #52515 by Keith g
Replied by Keith g on topic Re:
Get well soon Paul, seems god has nothing to do between now and christmas :D

Keith..

More
16 years 11 months ago #52530 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re: God definitely has a sense of humour.
Ah yes,I've been there!
I got a scope back in 1986, I managed to drop and smash the only decent eyepiece that came with it 2 weeks before a lunar eclipse the following August, so I had to make do with binoculars, I had been looking forward to that lunar eclipse all year.
I can look back and laugh now, but I can tell you I was like a lunatic at the time. :lol:

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

• lunartic_old
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
16 years 11 months ago #52546 by lunartic_old
Replied by lunartic_old on topic Re: God definitely has a sense of humour.
It's f%*^+!g clear again tonight. AAARRGGGGHHHHHHH! :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

Rich Cook

Time to create page: 0.109 seconds