K-Tec

Car boot sale?

More
16 years 10 months ago #54122 by jhoare
Car boot sale? was created by jhoare
One disadvantage of buying used items online is that you don't have the opportunity to try or inspect items before buying them. I've been wondering whether we could organise a 'car boot sale', either in conjuction with one of the regular events such as Whirlpool or as a separate event?

Any thoughts?

John

Better that old people should die of talk than to have young people die in war.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 10 months ago #54123 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Car boot sale?
I'm always looking for a car boot sale to get rid of good but unwanted items, in general. Are you suggesting an astronomical car boot sale at one of the star parties then John?

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
16 years 10 months ago #54127 by johnomahony
Replied by johnomahony on topic Re: Car boot sale?
This is a good idea. I for example, have lots of perfectly good bits and pieces that I don't use anymore due to upgrades (diagonals, plossl eyepieces, finders, LPR filters etc..) I am sure many others are in the same situation. This would be a great way to sell or exchange items.

The Lord giveth, the Revenue taketh away. (John 1:16)

www.flickr.com/photos/7703127@N07/

More
16 years 10 months ago #54128 by michaeloconnell
Replied by michaeloconnell on topic Re: Car boot sale?
Star parties generally do have people sell and exchange items. John Flannery and Terry Moesely have often sold books at these events and I can remember other people selling second-hand telescopes, eyepieces etc. My advice would be just to ask someone in the star party committee nicely and chances are they'll try and look after you with a table to sell your wares.

More
16 years 10 months ago #54134 by Matthew C
Replied by Matthew C on topic Re: Car boot sale?
HI guys! I think this is a brilliant idea! Id love to buy some used equipment from someone i know i can trust! Im sure we could arrange a car boot sale for the Galway Astro Fest! That sound good?

Im sure all of us have lots that we could sell! I have a telescope that i could sell and id love to pick up some filters and EPs!

Sorted! SO a Car Booty at GAC astrofest!

We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time. . . .
T. S. Eliot
A wise man....

More
16 years 10 months ago #54142 by michaeloconnell
Replied by michaeloconnell on topic Re: Car boot sale?
Assuming it's limited to astrogear I presume? Not sure how many people would want to buy old vases, broken plates, scratched vinyl records etc :)

Time to create page: 0.115 seconds