K-Tec

Lunar landers.

More
16 years 7 months ago #61011 by Mike
Replied by Mike on topic Re: Lunar landers.
Hi Paul, oh dear, you have opened the proverbial “can of worms”!

I have come across this question before on my travels dealing with the alleged conspiracy regarding the Apollo 11 Moon Hoax; the other Apollo missions were apparently legit according to other people that have highlighted the alleged Apollo 11 fiasco. Therefore the artefacts of these other missions should be on the Moon.
The HST was pointed at the Moon and has taken pictures with the WFPC2 in its past. The HST can resolve features on the Moon as small as ~280 Feet (about ~85 meters), which of course rules out directly resolving flag poles, lunar rovers, Landers etc whether its Russian or American hardware.

From Wiki…
“Another component of the moon hoax theory is based on the argument that professional observatories and the HST should be able to take pictures of the lunar landing sites. The argument runs that if telescopes can "see to the edge of the universe" then they ought to be able to take pictures of the lunar landing sites. This implies that the world's major observatories (as well as the Hubble Program) are complicit in the moon landing hoax by refusing to take pictures of the landing sites.
To see the 1.2 meter long flag left on the Moon, an Earth-based telescope would have to be 200 meters wide, whereas the largest telescope on Earth is only about 10 meters across. The Hubble Space Telescope can only see objects on the Moon as small as 60 meters across”. [I think this should be ~85 meters, - Mike].

I am not aware of any robotic missions sent to the Moon in the intervening years by various countries that have directly imaged and resolved our junk on the Moon and in particular any junk form the Apollo manned missions (perhaps not part of their mission plan or capability anyway). Would be interesting to know the capabilities of modern military reconnaissance satellites such as the KH-13 and its enhanced military imagery technology, but I guess we will have to wait forty years or more to find that one out, (as an example the SR-71 spy plane flight manual was only declassified in July 2001 after almost 40 years)! The HST has its heritage in spy satellite technology BTW based on the KH-11 from the mid seventies.

Anyway, all this stuff makes my head spin and it gets a lot weirder, and i dislike worms!

Clear skies
Mike

www.ufos-aliens.co.uk/cosmicapollo.html
hubblesite.org/newscenter/archive/releases/1999/14/image/a/
www.space.com/images/050304_moon_hubble_02.jpg
www.braeunig.us/space/hoax.htm

I83 Cherryvalley Observatory

After one look at this planet any visitor from outer space would say; "I WANT TO SEE THE MANAGER".

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 7 months ago #61023 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re: Lunar landers.

From Wiki…
“Another component of the moon hoax theory is based on the argument that professional observatories and the HST should be able to take pictures of the lunar landing sites. The argument runs that if telescopes can "see to the edge of the universe" then they ought to be able to take pictures of the lunar landing sites.

This was written in wiki by someone who hasn't a clue about how telescopes work!
The argument runs..... unqualified presumptions on advanced things like this can lead you to proving just about anything,

The have moon rocks, hundreds of kgs of them !! where did these come from, and there were literally tens of thousands of people involved, if it was a hoax then isnt it amazing that that the cover up has managed to stay together over the years.

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

• pj30something
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
16 years 7 months ago #61036 by pj30something
Replied by pj30something on topic Re: Lunar landers.
The have moon rocks, hundreds of kgs of them

Did they bring the one with the letter C on it back?

Somewhere in the desert, there are a couple hundred snakes telling other snakes about the time when the white man came and stole their homes (rocks).

Paul C
My next scope is going to be a Vixen VMC200L Catadioptric OTA

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds