• Henry O Reilly
  • Topic Author
  • Nebula
  • Nebula
More
16 years 6 months ago #64413 by Henry O Reilly
Navan Stargazer was created by Henry O Reilly
Hello all,
Just wondering if anyone reading this is from or near Navan and if so do you know a good dark place to go observing? I am currently observing from a bog not far from Athboy in the Rathcairn area, and even then not very often ( 2 young kids at home! ).
Also if anyone is interested in doing some observing together, as I have spent my entire life enjoying this great hobby in solitude as I never found anyone else who was interested in it. I didnt even know this site existed until a few weeks ago, and I'm delighted as I can ask questions and get advice for things didnt know before.
Anyway, thanks for looking.
Regards,
Henry

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 6 months ago #64414 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re: Navan Stargazer
Hi Henry,
You are not alone, although we might be scattered across the country. :)

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

• Henry O Reilly
  • Topic Author
  • Nebula
  • Nebula
More
16 years 6 months ago #64728 by Henry O Reilly
Replied by Henry O Reilly on topic Re: Navan Stargazer
Thanks Dave. Nice to know.

More
16 years 6 months ago #64743 by Mike
Replied by Mike on topic Re: Navan Stargazer
Hi Henry
I am not too far from you, about nine miles in fact in a little place called Trim, however I do all my observing from Rathmolyon which up until recently was a good place for observing, since then a few houses has gone up, but still a reasonably good place to observe from.
I’m afraid I am a bit 230V AC intensive with my astro gear and I don’t have a portable power pack, so remote places for observing is a bit of a problem for me at the moment, but your welcome to call over with any gear you have when an opportune time arises.
I am still experimenting with my astro gear, a steep learning curve as they say, but you’re welcome to try out the NexStar 8 SCT fitted with a new Fire-Wire camera, a good target would be the Moon and we could try and bag a few targets from the Lunar 100 challenge and setup the automatic meteor detection camera, who knows, you might bag one or more of them on video. BTW you’re in the right place for asking questions, there is a vast amount of astronomical knowledge both theory and practical here!

Clear skies
Mike

I83 Cherryvalley Observatory

After one look at this planet any visitor from outer space would say; "I WANT TO SEE THE MANAGER".

Time to create page: 0.103 seconds